• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Route 215 Glitch o.0

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
Years
  • Last night as I was training in route 215, I encountered a level 20 male Ivysaur, no action replay used. As you might have guessed I caught it, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anybody else.

BlaXun

#1 Anime Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Last night as I was training in route 215, I encountered a level 20 male Ivysaur, no action replay used. As you might have guessed I caught it, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anybody else.
    Are you serious or just trolling..?

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
    Years
  • No I seriously found one. Hold on I'll check its stuff.

Lvl 20 M Careful Nature

Poison Powder
    Sleep Powder
    Take Down
    Razor Leaf

EDIT: Idk Ichida, what would you offer?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Can you take a screenshot or a photo for some proof? Otherwise, it's either false, or it's via cheating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Same happened to me in Sapphire, except I was surfing and it was a Charmanded. Didn't have any balls on hand though.

LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaotic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    you are lying because you would not be able to trade a starter that was caught.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    It in fact is possible to trade a non-Sinnohdex Pokémon before you get the National Dex. I've caught a Shaymin (correct? the Grass legendary), and it appeared in the GTS list too, regardless of me having the National Dex or not.

Stouph

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah... you need to take a picture when you catch it... or it's just fake to us...

I mean! Wow congratulations seriously... but we need proof, ya know?

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Can you describe the exact location of where you found it? Or at least a direction? (Like at the west, north, east, south side).
    Also, where you having a Pokémon GBA game inserted in the DS?
    And did you have the National Dex or not?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well if he was lying, then why would he ask if it happened to anybody else? If I was him and I was lying, I'd be frickin showboating that crap off!

I believe you to the extent of everybody wanting proof though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It in fact is possible to trade a non-Sinnohdex Pokémon before you get the National Dex. I've caught a Shaymin (correct? the Grass legendary), and it appeared in the GTS list too, regardless of me having the National Dex or not.

Going a bit off-topic here, but Shaymin's part of the Sinnohdex, so whether or not you have the National dex, it'll still show up in the GTS.

Years
  • Well, if you've got a digital camera, please take a pic of your Ivysaur.
    Do you remember what exactly you did before getting it?

IIRC there was also a discussion on SPPf about obtaining Manaphy on that route (a Manaphy egg randomly showing up on the team), so there must be something wrong with that route.
    Going a bit off-topic here, but Shaymin's part of the Sinnohdex, so whether or not you have the National dex, it'll still show up in the GTS.
    Not all 4th generation Pokémon are part of the Sinnoh dex.
    Sheimi is in the national dex...

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    That's what I thought, too, because when I caught it with the glitch, it didn't get Dex info.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Route 215 have been thought to have glitches in the Japanese version, some people claim having a Manaphy egg that just 'popped up' in their party, when they had Phione in their team
    so Phione + rainy route = does mean something.
    But meh, who knows
    But Ivysau in route 215, that's really weird.
    More and more weirder things are happening in route 215!

Last edited:
    Back