• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rowan, come at me.[VOTING]

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • This is an official challenge to one Renyui! for a freestyle battle, no restrictions.

Time period: One week from whenever you respond to this.
    Theme: Freestyle.
    Restrictions: Just the 600x350px max dimensions.

May the best man win. <3

EDIT: VOTING TIME NOW!

Tag 1.
    nnoitra_tag.png

Tag 2.
    morbidsheepcrop.png

There will be no poll. You must leave a comment with which tag you think is better, and give an explanation.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Time for voting guys!

Tag 1.
    nnoitra_tag.png

Tag 2.
    morbidsheepcrop.png

There will be no poll. You must leave a comment with which tag you think is better, and give an explanation.

GOOD LUCK ROWAN! <3

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    It's very difficult to vote on two tags that are so different in nature. So I'm just gonna vote for Rowan.

Tag 1 works pretty well, the depth is very good and there is a nice attention to detail, especially if the floating orbs were made from scratch, there is a solid background and the colours seem to work. But I really don't like how it seems to have no contrast and is incredibly soft. I think it would have gone better if it had the same crispness and contrast as the second tag.

Which is why I vote for Tag 2, it works very well as a sort of abstract tag, and all the textures and colours are very clear. When it comes to two tags with such different styles the only thing that could really spread them apart would just be that sharpness that is more dominant in Tag 2.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Oh god I rushed so hard. Like, I don't mind if I don't score any votes guys, that thing is below average :|

I'mma vote for moments, because it is significantly better. Is that allowed?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • You can't vote for me Rowan, cause if you vote, I feel obliged to vote as well, and I can't vote for myself so it's as if we never voted. xP
    But that said and done, you would get a free vote out of it. :O

Oh, and I didn't mention cause there's no poll, but the voting will be open for a week from the date I posted the tags. So yeah.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'm not liking any to be totally honest (but hey, what do I know? xD) however there are positives!

Tag 1:
    I love the three dimension feel you've given to the piece if the spheres are original or were addded which really catches my eye, along with the different degrees of sharpening, however the character looks extremely flat and the sharpening isn't great either and I find it draws my attention away from the main part of the piece, back to the spheres.

Tag 2:
    The only problem I have with this is simply that I don't know what it is. Even though it may be abstract, at least I can sort of tell what it is, if you get what I mean. xD; other than that I love the contrasting red and white and the sharpness of the whole piece.

So, my vote goes to tag 2.

btw; I love the idea of keeping the entries, anonymous moments. ;p Sorry if my comments aren't exactly helpful. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Going with tag two here. Incidentally it was easy to tell who made it. I really liked the use of reds and whites. Bit iffy on the coffee stain of yellow though, it sort of comes out of nowhere here. Regardless though, it's a really artistic piece and uses textures really well. Despite how much might have gone into it, it keeps to a nice level of composition, easy palette, and it pulls of the grainy, wrinkly style quite well.

I left my opinions on tag one in the owners gallery, but good work both of you.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Depth in Tag 1 is nice, but that's pretty much it at first sight. Lighting is really weak, and more stuff at the left side won't kill anyone. I don't like the monotony.

Tag 2 is interesting. Very good use of texture, and everything blends well, except for the "coffee stain" that Abnegation pointed out, and the red spots on the focal point's forehead. Excellent lighting though, and I like how it's slightly over-sharpened.

Tag 2 hands down.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well, that's a week and the winner was Tag 2 (moments.).
    Congratulations to Renyui! as well, and thanks everyone for voting.

We'll see you in the next battle! <3

Back