• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG and MMORPG Thread

Years
    Post here your favorite RPGs and engage in conversation about them.

Edited by TRIFORCE89. I'm making this an RPG (and MMORPG) thread now, I'll merge topics in here from time to time.

I'm going to be very lenient though. It's mostly just...every once and a while you get "talk about such and such game here" and they die out quickly. So...if I see it dieing, I'll put it here (feel free to start topics in here though). If a topic is good and full of life then I won't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Dragon Quest/Warrior is probablly the best RPG.
    I read that the series isn't popular in the US, but in Japan, wow it's big business!

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Hard to decide for me. It is a tie between the following: Kingdom Hearts (both KH: CoM and the regular one are great action rpgs), Tales of Symphonia (the puzzles get annoying after a while), Legend of Zelda (each one was excellent), and maybe Pokemon.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Mine will have to be Lufia II rise of the sinistrals, even though it's a very old game I never seem to get tired of playing it.

Years
    Best Online RPG's

What do you think the best online rpg's are? Please say why you love it too. Ah, personally, love runescape, even tough you have to be a member to get the REAL good things.. ahm not a member but ah would love to be one :D

Years
    rose is a very good game not narose(united states rose) or prose(philliphines rose) but irose(international rose) and erose( europe rose) and krose(korean rose) rocks al!! www.roseeurope.com (is a temporary site) for erose site irose needed to close down because of erose. and runescape srry i don't like that game got very quikly bored on that>_<

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Jedi_Amara said:
    I've only played a few due to lack of access, but I'd have to say that Sword of Mana stands out as a good quest-based action RPG.

That is a good rpg, however, the monsters get very annoying after a while. (like the zombies which I forgot how to kill).

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    My favorite RPGs are FF7, tales of symphonia, Riviera: the promissed land, and the golden sun series. (those are my favorite ones, though that i remember.)

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
    I've got a bunch, but here are my top ten:

10. Pokemon Emerald
    9. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
    8. Final Fantasy IV
    7. Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars
    6. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
    5. Dragon Warrior VII:
    4. Final Fantasy VI
    3. Final Fantasy V
    2. Breath of Fire III
    1. Breath of Fire II (What? Ryu's hot!)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I guess I'll post my top 5 fav RPG Games.

5: Pokemon: Fire Red
    To me I like being able to go back to Kanto (so sue me if I spelled it wrong XD) and play like I used to when I played Blue.
    4: Final Fantay: VII
    All around great story line, one of the best FF games. And one of the main FF games I wanted.
    3: Tales of Symphonia
    I just beat this game a day or so ago. It has a great story line and I love the battle mode and the freedom in the game (having different clothes, different titles, using more then just one person to fight etc).
    2: Kingdom Hearts:
    I love Kingdom Hearts. I really love the fighting style and the story and everything about the game. It's not too hard and it's not too easy. Just right for my tastes.
    1: Final Fantay: X
    If you know me then you know I love this game. Out of all the RPGs I've played, out of most games I've played this is my favorite RPG of all time (it's my second fav game right after Super Smash Brothers Melee). I love twists in games and this game has more twists then any game I've played. The story line is the best I've ever seen. And the game is an all around perfect game to me. If I had to pick one game for the story then I would pick this one every single time. It's the only game I've ever played that I wish I could forget it and play it like I did the first time (the first time you don't know what's going to happen or this or that).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't have a top ten list, but I'll post my three favorites.

Final Fantasy VII: The REASON I got a Playstation.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: Still good after 3 years.

Xenosaga: I'm counting them together, since they're all from the same story arc so far. Excellent story and unique battle system. Enemies are ALWAYS a challenge.

Years
    loony said:
    rose is a very good game not narose(united states rose) or prose(philliphines rose) but irose(international rose) and erose( europe rose) and krose(korean rose) rocks al!! www.roseeurope.com (is a temporary site) for erose site irose needed to close down because of erose. and runescape srry i don't like that game got very quikly bored on that>_<

you have to buy that game before you can play it right? The screens look to beautifull to be a free online rpg =o

Back