• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Character Drawing

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
Years
  • This is a character from the RPG I joined and love so much, so I drew a pic of my char. and Pokemon. I only did a non-colour drawing so far, so I need to work on the coloured drawing, hope you like this one though!

RPG Character Drawing

I have to say I'm only impressed with the Growlithe and Beedrill, and partly Zubat. Others I could really improve on I think...

:t136: Flareon :t136:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Ummh, wow. His arms are horribly out of proportion, as is everything but Growlithe. His eye's are absolutely horrid, his pants look like there on backwards, and Ekans is flat.

Bulletproof

Years
  • Ummh, wow. His arms are horribly out of proportion, as is everything but Growlithe. His eye's are absolutely horrid, his pants look like there on backwards, and Ekans is flat.
    That is merely because;
    I'm a bad drawer at people,
    I draw eyes like that,
    Beedrill has arms like that, so you cannot possibly say Beedrill had bad arms ;),
    All jeans look like that,
    Ekans is not flat, if you saw the shading and look at it you'd find it is not.

Not trying to sound roud, but you got it quite wrong.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • eh...You could try drawing Zubat from the front, I am horrid at drawing but I always find Zubats are easier to draw from the front, can't say much on the person because I too am horrid at drawing people, Nidoran looks kind of small and as if he has a longer neck then he does, Ekans is ok, and Growlithe is awesome!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yes well, nothings arms bend like the way you drew Beedrill's. And no, all jeans do not look like that, frontal jean pockets do not look like the pockets on the back of your pants.

Bulletproof

Years
  • eh...You could try drawing Zubat from the front, I am horrid at drawing but I always find Zubats are easier to draw from the front, can't say much on the person because I too am horrid at drawing people, Nidoran looks kind of small and as if he has a longer neck then he does, Ekans is ok, and Growlithe is awesome!

I know, Zubat would be easier to draw from the front, but I'm trying to make it look like it's interacting with Beedrill. IMO, my Nidoran is a disaster, lol.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    That is merely because;
    I'm a bad drawer at people,
    I draw eyes like that,
    Beedrill has arms like that, so you cannot possibly say Beedrill had bad arms ;),
    All jeans look like that,
    Ekans is not flat, if you saw the shading and look at it you'd find it is not.

Not trying to sound roud, but you got it quite wrong.

You should take GF&A's reply as C&C, don't flame him for telling you what is wrong in his opinion.
    I'll probably post one soon, once I draw one.

Bulletproof

Years
  • In that case, fine. I'll take off the jean pockets that make it look like it's on backwards, edit the arms and all of Nidoran, colour it in and that's it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In that case, fine. I'll take off the jean pockets that make it look like it's on backwards, edit the arms and all of Nidoran, colour it in and that's it.

You don't have to do what he says, what he says is just the flaws that he sees. After people give CC, the artist is free to keep the art how it is, or if they want they can edit it so that it looks better.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    that looks pretty good, where is Ponyta though, also can you draw my character in that rpg with her Pokemon as well, I'd like that, you do know what she looks like right, because I put up my trainer card

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    lol.
    thats not soooooo good, but i find the fukano is good

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
  • Hey, we all start somewhere... (trust me, my past artworks are worse than yours). Don't take the C+C you get as flaming, but instead use it to further improve your artworks into something better.

Who knows, you might be thanking that person later on.

As for your work... well, let's just say, most stuff have been mentioned and I don't want to repeat it again... xD;;

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Hey, we all start somewhere... (trust me, my past artworks are worse than yours). Don't take the C+C you get as flaming, but instead use it to further improve your artworks into something better.

Who knows, you might be thanking that person later on.

As for your work... well, let's just say, most stuff have been mentioned and I don't want to repeat it again... xD;;

sorry, i am not good in english. im mean with fukano, the fire dog

Years
  • I humbly agree with the critique that Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen posted. My advice is to study human anatomy, and look closely at the way Pokemon are drawn; where they bend, where/how their limbs connect to the body, etc. Pretty much Pokemon anatomy. Compare your drawings closely with pictures of the actual Pokemon (and people).
    posemaniacs.com is a very good site for referencing human poses from, and it even shows the muscle structure. Its a very useful and helpful site. :3 You might try picking up some How-To-Draw books, those are also very helpful!
    Practice makes as close to perfect as humans can get, so long as you stick with it and don't give up. However, don't expect perfection from yourself. Nobody's perfect.
    Good luck, and by the way, Growlithe is very cute. ;3 And props to you for using Beedrill. I think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for.
    If you ever want advice for future drawings, feel free to PM me and I'm always happy to help. ^^

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    that may not be so, I've been drawing for 10 years and I still suck at it

Back