• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Maker VX

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    Awesome I never even heard of VX untill I saw these posts... I can't wait till it comes out cuz I love the RPG Maker series Ive used at one point or another (at least as a trial) many of them... including the gameboy once and playstation ones...

Though, I hope its not too much to buy.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I was poking around yesterday, and I found out some things. First off, there is an unofficial english-translation patch for the trial going around, which will definitely make it easier to use. Second, there is apparently also an unlimiting patch for the trial, which effectively removes every limit imposed on it, as well as several that are in the full version as well. Although there is no EULA for the trial (as of now), it still might be considered a taboo topic here. I just thought I might bring it up because it removed the mapping limits, effectively making the trial version of RMVX a better tool than the full version of RMXP. Now I won't post a link (because I couldn't find it), but I will say my most effective proof of its existance is that it was banned in several other forums.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • I was poking around yesterday, and I found out some things. First off, there is an unofficial english-translation patch for the trial going around, which will definitely make it easier to use. Second, there is apparently also an unlimiting patch for the trial, which effectively removes every limit imposed on it, as well as several that are in the full version as well. Although there is no EULA for the trial (as of now), it still might be considered a taboo topic here. I just thought I might bring it up because it removed the mapping limits, effectively making the trial version of RMVX a better tool than the full version of RMXP. Now I won't post a link (because I couldn't find it), but I will say my most effective proof of its existance is that it was banned in several other forums.

Why do you think I said "I tried the full version", I got that link and the patch ;)... still, we can only change tileset with ruby :S

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
    Years
  • RPGMakerVX?

Its now 1 March here in New Zealand and that means it should be about the 29th of February in U.S.A and still RPGMakerVX still does not have a set release
    and it was meant to be released in February. What happened?

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    ya i tried it out, the only good thing really is the dungeon editor, yet people have already made those for RMXP, so there's no way I'm paying even more money for a very similar engine <_<

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • It's a shockingly bad upgrade IMO. Gave the trial a go and I was sorely unimpressed. Mapping is a joke, and while some welcome features have been restored and the event editor is nice, some very basic and useful features from RMXP have been stripped away. Lacks the flexibility at a basic level.

Back