• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Maker XP problem

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
  • Oh my god!
    I was about to start working on my pokémon project but... I dunno why an error appears when I run the .rxproj:

"Unexpected file format"

Also, when I run the game, it says:

"Failed to load script"

I got really really mad because of this, I think my hands will give me pain for two weeks because of... yeah, you know.

I hope someone to help me, is my game all lost? Please, tell me how to solve this... i modified too many scripts on my game, I don't want it to be useless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That error sometimes occurs when RMXP crashes, causing some of the data files to become corrupted. Check through your Data folder; there might be some files which weren't corrupted (they should have a filesize of more than 0). Otherwise, you're screwed. I advise you to regularly make a backup of your game files :(

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Hehe, I had to start over my game...

Sadly, it had about 4 months of progress but, whatever, I learned a lot of the scripts I edited on that game.

Back