• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE/DPPT Secret Base Contest

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • RSE/DPPt Secret Base Contest
    It's like an episode of cribs! But less fancy and it's not real.
    257.gif

Ever wanted a chance to get to show off your well hidden secret base in Emerald? Wanna flaunt the hard work you did with your underground base in Pearl? Now is your chance! In this event, you can post your base from RSE and/or DPPt and your lovely house judges Sydian and Nathan will critique them with a system of points. The base with the top points in each generation wins!

Rules
    1. You may enter both the RSE and DPPt contest, but only one entry per generation.
    2. Pictures are required! You are also allowed to embed a video of it, if your base has a certain way it "works" (sound tiles, slides, etc). Remember to use spoilers!
    2a. If you do make a video for your base entry, please refrain from talking and explaining your base. Just go through your base how it's intended to be done and we'll understand the point.
    3. You may enter whether you're playing on an emulator or a real cartridge.
    4. Make sure your picture is clear! We need to be able to see what everything is. A blurry picture may affect your score if we can't see what exactly is going on in your base.
    5. You may post entries from July 5th-8th. After that, no entries will be accept. Results will be posted asap!

Point System and Grading
    Decorations (5 points)
    Coloration (3)
    Theme (5)

Entry Format
    Username:
    Game:
    Picture: Please put this in a spoiler!
    Video: Please put this in a spoiler!

If you are entering for RSE and DPPt, make sure you give them a separate entry form!

Years
  • Username: Totodile42
    Game: Pokemon Pearl
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years
  • User: elija
    Game: Pokémon Diamond
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

It isn't much, but I find it homey-ish :3

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Username: jsziede
    Game: Pokémon Emerald Version
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

My secret base basically represents the elements of nature. There's the top left corner which represents the ground, with the rug being brown and green, along with the Kecleon sitting on it. The top right corner represents the sky, and the bird Pokémon are being above ground on that table. Last, the bottom left corner represents the sea, as you can see. Marill and Lotad are 'swimming' in the ocean. Lol that was my attempt at trying to be clever.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Username: MIAU
    Game: Pokemon Emerald
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Username: SNOR(es)LAX
    Game: Pokemon Diamond
    Spoiler:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Username: U_Flame
    Game: Pokemon Pearl
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm extending this event til tomorrow night 11:59 Central. Happy house hunting. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Entering

Username: [supporter]AWsquared[/supporter]
    Game: Pokemon Sapphire
    Picture:

Spoiler:

I had an entry for Pokemon Diamond too, but my base was so clear. I hope it's ok if I can make a second entry on a new post when I get a better picture. Or either that, I'll edit this post when a get a clearer picture.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, you are allowed to enter for both RSE and DPPt, just not two for one category (ex. entering twice for RSE ain't happenin'). So you're all good if you want to enter on Diamond! Just make sure you get it in on time. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Okay then entering for Diamond. :3
    Username: [supporter]AWsquared[/supporter]
    Game: Pokémon Diamond
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Entries made past this point will not be accepted, as well as changes to current entries. Thanks for entering, everyone! We'll have the results up for y'all as soon as we can. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Double posting because results! :)

The best base for RSE is...

Spoiler:

And the best base for DPPt is...

Spoiler:

Thank you all for participating! If anyone would like their scores and commentary posted, just post and say so and I'll put it up! Please note that because Curious was busy, I'm the only one that was judging.

Also, emblems may come a little late, as I'm working all weekend at very late hours, and Curious is also away for a while, but we will get emblems out to everyone when we can! There will be a winning emblem for RSE and DPPt and everyone else, regardless of which game they entered on, will get a participant emblem. :) Thank you all for entering! You all really had nice bases and some were really creative. <3

Years
  • Wow, I am very surprised! (Molvious' design was quite quaint)

I wasn't sure how my everything-has-to-be-symmetrical design would go over.

Great job everyone :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, there were actually some really close scores in RSE bases. I think we had a run of 13/13, 12/13, and 11/13...so yeah, really close. I wish you all could win haha. Maybe I'll post a picture of my base later and y'all can rate me for revenge if you don't like your scores. :P

Back