• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rsm98's random stuff

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
Years
  • The revamps have no true sign of shading. And the actualy shading is actually the shading from the original sprite. You need to first remove all colors so there's an outline left, then you redo shading also. If you don't do that, they're simple recolors.

They're pretty good, but I'd like to see more. :)

Years
  • Thanks?

Yeah I know I need lessons on shading but every time I do shade it looks really bad.

And I have more but I cant insert more than 5 sprites because I don't know how.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure the picture limit has to do with how few posts you have.

Like Electramite said about the shading. It's not quite a revamp without it. It wouldn't hurt to maybe look at the newest version of said sprite and study the shading there, as well as pick the colors up from it if you want.
    ;D If you never try something, even if it looks bad, it'll never get better!

And if you didn't already know that little part on Mewtwo's tail is called Dithering.
    It is your friend. (When not overused, unless your making a very soft transition.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    You've chosen some nice pokemon to revamp! Although, the revamps that you have done really show hardly any depthy to the pokemon - apart from your Mewtwo.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks?

Yeah I know I need lessons on shading but every time I do shade it looks really bad.

And I have more but I cant insert more than 5 sprites because I don't know how.

You could try putting all your sprites in one image, then you might be able to put more on. It's only an idea, I don't really know if it will work...
    Also, your work has rekindled my fire to make me go back into spriting myself..
    :]

Years
  • Ok, I'll try putting them all on one pic,

also, I'm am making a new sprite thread which will have revamps, fusions, recolors and much more

So look for it

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You already have a thread, there are no need for two. If you want me to rename it, then just ask, it's no problem.

merged

Back