• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Ruby Battle Version (released)

Years
  • I worked on this Ruby version for a while, but I'm done with it since I'm working on an Emerald version of basically the same thing but more refined. I'm just gonna leave this here for the anyone to try out, the next one has the next two generations of Pokemon + physical/special split and all crazy stuff.

1). All Pokemon(; wild, trainer, gym, e4, etc.) have been made lv 96-100 so that all Pokemon are equal, think of it as catching a Pokemon at lv1, and max level is 5.

2). All pokemon now have 600BaseStatTotal's while keeping their unique stat curves from before.
    Example: Beedrill's old stat spread
    HP65/Atk80/Def40/Spa45/Spd80/Spe75 total:395
    and then Beedrill's new stat spread,
    HP101/Atk/116/Def75/Spa81/Spd116/Spe111 total:600

2.5).The first page of each Pokemon's Pokedex entry has been changed to show the new stat spreads, for reference.

3). All attacks have been balanced, and almost all are viable options.

4). The entire Hoenn region is accessible from the start of the game, cut has been removed, water can be walked on/fished while deep water requires surf/dive, etc.

5). All (1-3rdgen) Pokemon are available.(plus Rotom at Mauville's electric plant)(minus graveler because I messed up the picture trying to add rotom)(minus chinchou because rotom was added)

6).(In Progress(Base stats of Lower Evolved Pkmn))All pokemon will be able to cycle through evolutions via stones, ex. Treecko->(leafstone)->Grovyle->(leafstone)->Sceptile->(leafstone)->Treecko->grov->scept etc... Pokemon throughout the game are final evolutions until I change base stats of all of the un-evolved pokemon. Updates in the future possibly, if anyone asks for them.

7).Some type changes have been made, to help pokemon like Golem who had 4x weakness.

Download the .ups patch here.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0o7s0gs63r61d3/RubyBattleVersion.ups?dl=0

Screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/WHOMCFq&WbpmnRJ&S6c5lsY&yZvcTQ4&zcEwIr5#0

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Moved this to the Sideshow Showcase. Please update the first post with at least two screnshots showing the changes you've made.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • So basically a LvL 100 adventure? Meh...

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • This sounds interesting, but I'll wait for the Emerald one, probably. Since you're still working on it, could you leave some things in that one unchanged? The types is the one thing that bothers me the most.

The stat curve thing sounds super interesting. It would be amazing if it got implemented as a custom metagame on Smogon or something. It could make pre-evos even better than their evolved counterparts, perhaps.

Years
  • This sounds interesting, but I'll wait for the Emerald one, probably. Since you're still working on it, could you leave some things in that one unchanged? The types is the one thing that bothers me the most.

The stat curve thing sounds super interesting. It would be amazing if it got implemented as a custom metagame on Smogon or something. It could make pre-evos even better than their evolved counterparts, perhaps.
    The Emerald is going along pretty well, the BST changes take really long, lower evos are 540>570>600 in that one and all Pokemon are 90 instead of 96 and fully evolved. And I'll make a version with no type changes.
    Also, I got the Pokerus in my testrun on it lol
    And consider this Ruby to be like a demo version of the Emerald, I'm using the Emerald 650 resource made by LCCoolJ95, and I currently don't know how to properly edit trainers or the new added attacks, I need new .ini's I think.
    As far as differences in games, the Pokemon start at 90 in Emerald unlike 96 in Ruby, and the lower evos don't have 600BST's. Items and marts are a bit different, and I haven't decided if I'm going to have the evolution cycling with the stones yet.
    Also, I would LOVE for this to be a smogon custom playlist or something, it would be so much fun to play against more than just the Battle Tower and Factory. And I'd really like to see how the actual meta would develop.
    I nerfed more hax reliant things and buffed straightforward moves like, thunder wave/glare/stun spore now have 85% accuracy,
    sleep inducing moves have 62%accuracy I believe, except spore has 70% in ruby and 90% in emerald(for now),
    and Crush Claw/Acid/Iron Tail/others probably drop defense every time they hit.
    Burn chance is 70% in ruby 65% in emerald. Dragon Claw/Scratch/Metal Claw/Peck have 60BP but now raise attack every time they are used.
    Toxic has 100% accuracy. Poison Powder has been changed to be like Toxic. + many many more changes, I'm making a list of all the moves and their power/effects
    I want all moves to be usable, none of them should be worthless.

Great!But why not have the game's screenshots?
    Moved this to the Sideshow Showcase. Please update the first post with at least two screnshots showing the changes you've made.
    Screenshots added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'm having trouble patching this, I'm using UniPatcher for Android and it keeps telling me the patch failed, the ROM is not compatible with it. I have the Ups patch file for it. Please Help.

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I'm having trouble patching this, I'm using UniPatcher for Android and it keeps telling me the patch failed, the ROM is not compatible with it. I have the Ups patch file for it. Please Help.

Ditto, tried US rom and EU roms. Also tried several sources for each, and even tried 3 different patcher's. As far as I can tell, this file is borked.

Back