• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Ruby Remake: Pokemon Hoen Hero's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ruby Remake: Pokemon Hoenn Hero's

Ruby Remake: Pokemon Hoen Hero's

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my new hacks thread. This game is remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So far i have seen a remake of every GBA pokemon game except the Hoenn ones. I don't know why people have not remade it yet, so i did it myself. I loved Pokemon Ruby version, when i played it years and years ago. Now that i have seen all these new graphics in hacks, i don't really like playing the Hoenn games anymore. That is why i decided to remake Ruby version with better graphics.

Features

* New tiles
    * Improved Scripts
    * Updated Pokemon Sprites
    * Updated Trainer Sprites
    * Updated OverWorld Sprites
    * New areas to explore
    * More
    legendaries
    * New region to explore after the Elite four is completed.
    * Visit Pokemon Elite Version (see the feature above)
    * Catch Pokemon from all the regions.
    * Much more

Storyline
    C'mon, you guys know Ruby Version! The Storyline is the same but slightly changed. There are new Legendary Pokemon events that come with a new set of events which back them up.

Screen Shots

Original Ruby HOENN HERO'S

Updated Pokemon Sprite Samples
    Spoiler:

Videos

Banners

Credit
    falkitten- the second banner on the list :)
    Banjora Marxvile and reck- rom base

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    ... Wait, why REMAKE a GBA game that... You are hacking to make the remake of? Isn't that, technically, what a ROM Base can be used for as well? So, you may say you added more legendaries, but no offence or anything, but why exactly should this hack be... Well, called a hack, and not a modification, or an addition, and as such, isn't Progressing, as the Progress is in the game, not the hack, as the hack is improving the games graphics? Well, remaking a game by hacking said game... Wait, that isn't remaking, but improving...

Also, what the poster below said. Better to have 1 good hack, than 2 average, or even not that good hack. You want to improve Ruby? Well... hack Firered, as a hack of Ruby to improve Ruby is technically a ROM Base, or an addition. But, kudos for trying, and I sympathise with you. I like Ruby to get more attention, hence why I make my ROM Bases mainly for Ruby.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I suppose you'll still be doing mainly Elite... so does this have any point?
    I don't wanna blame ya or something... it's just my opinion that hacker should only be doing one hack in the same time.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    OMG

Another hack?!??! This is like your 3rd, plus i dont see the point of the hack, it looks the same as elite, it should have some... i dunno.. uniqueness?.... stick to one hack...

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Yeah it will have new areas to explore and new rivals. Its not just a rom base with a changed title. And yes i will be mostly hacking Elite. I am not doing 3 hacks at once. Etzion was my first-It got Shut down for now.
    Elite-I am still working on
    Hoen Hero's- its a very small project just for people who want to play ruby version but better.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I like your older hack. It's better.
    This one is totally pointless.
    Yes, my other hack is better. But there is a point.
    The point is that now people can play Pokemon Ruby version, and not feel like they are beeing cheeted with graphics. I also am adding a new rival, and allowing you to ketch and battle pokemon from each region.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    This is a new character i just made. He is going to be one of your new rivals.
    Its just a rough draft, and it needs some finishing touches.
    The sprite is based off the HG/SS red sprite. Please don't steel it!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Kool rival but isnt hoen spelt hoenn XDXD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's a bad sign when the main region is spelt wrong.

And I don't particularly see the point of this thing...really. "Better" graphics is completely subjective, I find Emerald's stock tiles better than these ones.

But eh, I guess I see your point.

Good luck, I guess.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
    This is awersome!I always wanted to play Pokemon Ruby with D/P sprites and improved graphic.devaus R/S/E are my favourite games! Good luck!

Years
    It's "Hoenn", and I believe the term you're looking for is "Heroes". "Hero's" is possessive, "Heroes" is plural.

The mixing of overworld styles does not look good, and the D/P people look poorly resized. Same goes for the battle sprites.

I also don't understand why you would remake a game on the same console the original was released on. :\ This doesn't look like any kind of improvement over the original.

You should work on your grammar and spelling.
    * More legendary's This should be "legendaries". Again, possessive, not plural.
    * Ketch Pokemon from all the regions. Catch, not Ketch. I'm not even sure how it's possible to misspell that.
    Common (Common means "ordinary, or standard, or normal. C'mon, or Come On is the correct spelling), you guys know Ruby Version! The Storyline is the same but slightly changed. (That phrase is contradictory. How can it be the same yet different?) There are new Legendary Pokemon events that come with a new set of events which back them up. (What? That barely makes sense.)

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    It's "Hoenn", and I believe the term you're looking for is "Heroes". "Hero's" is possessive, "Heroes" is plural.

The mixing of overworld styles does not look good, and the D/P people look poorly resized. Same goes for the battle sprites.

I also don't understand why you would remake a game on the same console the original was released on. :\ This doesn't look like any kind of improvement over the original.

You should work on your grammar and spelling.
    Thank you so much for catching those spelling and grammar errors. I am more of a math/science guy and I am bad in English. Those silly mistakes made me embares :embarrass
    This is awersome!I always wanted to play Pokemon Ruby with D/P sprites and improved graphic.devaus R/S/E are my favourite games! Good luck!
    Thanks for the support :)

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by .Seth Ruby Remake: Pokemon Hoen Hero's
    I think nintendo beat you to the point.

That's funny :D, and completely true.
    For all you Haters.... Check the main post, I made it so you can see original Ruby version next to Hoenn Hero's. I personally think the Hoen Hero Pics look more advanced.
    I don't want Negative comments please, unless its advise on how i can make it better.
    ~Thanks

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I have a new banner for this game. Thanks to Falkitten for making it. You can add it to you signature if you like this game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back