• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby/Saphire Starters.

What's your favourite RSE Starter?

• Treecko

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Torchic

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Give me Charizard or Venasaur any day

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Mario... o_O

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYchOtiC

uLt1m4t3 n00b
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 8, 2005
    I don't know if thsi thread has been done before and sorry if it has, but...

Which starter do you guys like best?

Stat wise, look wise, and overall how good they are.

I like torchick because it's last evolved version looks awesome and fire/fighting is a weird combination. :D

FullMetalPipsqueak

What Goes Here?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    Well I havent seen this made in the last month so it should be ok. My favorite starter is Treeko casue it evolves into Grovyle!

cdko

?PoKeM0n HuNtEr?
    Years
    Catch them all (^_^)

hi there my favorite starter pokemon in ruby/sapphire is torchic because he has a great combination fire/fighting............ and great look co0L....
    anyone wants to be my buddy PM me or Msgs me tnx ^_^ :rambo:

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    mine is thorchick. but it's just because he evolve to a Blaziken in his th3 evolution

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    Torchic without a doubt. It may be a bit tough to train, but it becomes very strong in the end and giving it Flamethrower is a big plus also.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    My favourite starter is Torchic because it's final evolution isn't so ugly. Besides... the comination of fire/fighting is rare and it can learn decent attacks. He's also great for the elite four too! Blaziken rules!!!

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    From a competitive POV, here's my brief summary of the three starters:

Blaziken: can be a physical or mixed sweeper (special moves are limited to fire). Commonly uses Endure/Substitute + Reversal and Overheat for double STAB and all round damage.

Sceptile - either a staller with Leech Seed + Substitute, or a special sweeper. Not the strongest, but one of the fastest Pokemon around, and has a useful Grass move to use for STAB.

Swampert - a difficult Pokemon to get right because of EV distributions. Can be a physical, special or mixed sweeper, or a staller with Toxic. Curse is common on this Pokemon, making it very hard to take down sometimes. A very flexible Pokemon, capable of doing quite a lot.

Overall, I'd say Sceptile was the easiest to use of the three, with Swampert being the most difficult, but perhaps the most rewarding.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    Mudkip is by far the best in my opinion. I don't look at roles at all because i never train 6 pokemon at the same time; i always train one pokemon only and have it beat the eintire game for me. mudkip is the best because once it evolves it's immune to electricity, can learn awesome moves like surf and earthquake, and not only not bad to any gym unlike blaziken and sceptile but it has an advantage over how many, 3 or 4? plus swampert looks awesome.

D@rk Ho-oH

The Dark Is In My Heart
    Years
    Mine is torchick cause it helps a lot during the journey.it's moves are super effective to many of the pokemon you find in the game.!!!

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
    Blaziken - Cool, unique sweeper.

Swampert - I love ground/water types. He works well for me ingame, but there are several alternatives that do the same job better.

Grovyle - Interesting. Treecko was my first starter, so it holds a warm place in my heart. However, there are way too many alternatives that do way better! Chiefly, the other grass starters.

So... I'm not particularly crazy about any of them in competitive battle, but I guess I'll go with Swampert.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    I personally like using Torchic out of all the starters, just because when Torchic evolves into Combusken a fighting/fire type, it learns double kick which can be very helpful in the first half of the game, and also the fact that its a fire type.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I like Grass but Mudkip is a great one to use.So I like Mudkip the best.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Torchic. Because I have a predilection for fire starters. And because it has a sweet SpAtt basestat of 70, which makes me happy when I see +2 and +3 while leveling it up early on. And Blaziken looks cool without looking ugly (although being part fighting makes it a risk to use it against Metagross...which is a pity because few other pkmn have Blaziken's SpAtt + STAB + 2x against that thing)

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    I always pick Torchic because it's the best against the pokemon League and because it's got the best attack and special attack.. I think..

~Moonlight_Shadow~

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
    By looks I would have to choose Treecko but by power I choose Torchic. If I were to choose one it would have to be Torchic. =)

Years
    PsYchOtiC said:
    I don't know if thsi thread has been done before and sorry if it has, but...

Which starter do you guys like best?

Stat wise, look wise, and overall how good they are.

I like torchick because it's last evolved version looks awesome and fire/fighting is a weird combination. :D

Yeah... fire/fighting may be wierd, but they also have grass/fighting and water/fighting....
    grass/fighting (breloom) 4x weak to flying
    water/fighting (poliwrath) cool pokemon.. not really that bad
    fire/fighting (combusken) very good ingame... destroys the elite four
    also good for competitive battling

So I guess there's kinda a trio of mulit-fighting types.
    Funny, because those three are like my favorite pokemon.

Metagross9000

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    I love Mudkip!

I'd say Mudkip cause I like water Pokemon and Blue is my favorite color and
    Swampert is totaly cool! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back