• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

What would you reccomend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
  • Emerald is the better option considering it has the Battle Frontier, Ditto, both Kyogre and Groudon, etc. But if you don't mind this, Ruby and Sapphire are still both very great games.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Emerald. Especially now that they've all been out for so long, you don't even have to play R/S necessarily, Emerald is the same game with bonus additions.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Emerald has the most to offer, in my opinion. More/better gameplay, more Pokemon, and the Battle Frontier.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Emerald. Because it's the most complete out of the three games. And after beating the league you can go to places that don't exist in Ruby/Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    Emerald, because it's just as if you've taken Ruby and Sapphire and put it into one game to make Emerald; though I think it should be called Pokémon Amethyst and Rayquaza was purple, because Red and Blue mix to make purple! Just a bit of creative thinking, but yes. I would go with Emerald as you can get both Groudon and Kyogre, battle both team aqua and team magma. Plus the biggest bonus of Battle Tower and getting a Sudowoodo and Smeargle at Battle Tower area! I think it's called battle tower, or battle frontier? Haven't played it in a while personally.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Emerald is basically Ruby and Sapphire + bonus content. If you're going to get just 1, that'd be the way to go.

quoted for truth. I was thinking this when I saw the thread. It's pretty much the best of both worlds.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    personal preference makes me say sapphire. it was the first one i got...
    the rain effect around the world seems to have much greater influence on the world itself, and it looks cool. also, the pokemon that you can get in sapphire, i much prefer. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Personally, my choice would be Sapphire, if only because in Emerald I didn't care for the redesigned main characters. That dark, dull green did not help them one bit. I also felt that Emerald didn't add as much to the gameplay experience as, say, Crystal or Platinum did to their respective predecessors.

Years
  • I would have to go for Emerald. I played both Ruby and Sapphire before hand, obviously, and I felt Emerald was the stronger game and very well thought out!​

Years
  • I've only played through Ruby and Sapphire, so I would have to withhold my proper judgement. I prefer Ruby of the two that I've played.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I only ever played Sapphire, so that would have to get my vote. 'Third games' have never really gone over well with me since the massive disappointment that was Yellow, so I've made it an internal policy never to buy one. As amazing as Emerald might be, I'll probably never know due to this stubborn policy of mine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I've played Emerald the most (like, 5 or 6 times), and I really like the storyline and the added content. (I can play the Battle Factory for hours. XD) I've never actually done a playthrough of Sapphire, but I'm guessing it's just about the same as Ruby. ^^' Fun, but without all the cooler content of Emerald.

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I would go with Emerald. It gives you the best of both and some good bonuses in the end!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Emerald probably has the most content during the main story line and in post-game. You get to fight both Team Magma and Aqua, so IMO it's the better of the three games.

Back