• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Ruby Title Screen Help

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Hello, this may be a silly mistake but I am not very good at Pokemon hacking (yet) and have been getting a strange error.

Basically a while back I was working on a hack which was named Pokemon Time as a dummy name. I did the whole UNLZ-GBA thing where I replace the text 'RUBY' with 'TIME".

Ruby Title Screen Help

Now I'd like to rename it to Pokemon Era (I know not very good) but even though I've replaced the 'TIME' with 'ERA' it still shows up as 'TIME' (same picture above). I've wrote to ROM and found free space. I've done everything I'm supposed to but it won't change.

Ruby Title Screen Help

Has anyone else had this problem or is it super easy to fix and I'm just stupid? Thanks.

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Ah that would be because for some reason your new image is bigger than the last, to fix this open up FreeSace finder and search for a large chunk of freespace(4000 is more than enough) and then copy the found offset to the image offset in unlz when writing to the ROM. Idk why unlz isnt saying that your image is too big, but this sounds like its the issue.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Ah that would be because for some reason your new image is bigger than the last, to fix this open up FreeSace finder and search for a large chunk of freespace(4000 is more than enough) and then copy the found offset to the image offset in unlz when writing to the ROM. Idk why unlz isnt saying that your image is too big, but this sounds like its the issue.

I've already done that. The image in UNLZ is the right one even though the one in-game isn't. Even if I close UNLZ and re-open it, number 1638 (logo) is 'ERA', but again in-game is my old one.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I've already done that. The image in UNLZ is the right one even though the one in-game isn't. Even if I close UNLZ and re-open it, number 1638 (logo) is 'ERA', but again in-game is my old one.

Oh! In that case, what you need to do is search for the original image's offset(reversed) in a clean Ruby Rom, then open up the same offset in your edited ROM and replace the offset there with your new offset for the Era image.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Oh! In that case, what you need to do is search for the original image's offset(reversed) in a clean Ruby Rom, then open up the same offset in your edited ROM and replace the offset there with your new offset for the Era image.

The offsets were the same for some reason... however I did fix it. I just made a copy and loaded new UNLZ data and 'TIME' was there. I just replace it and it worked. Thanks for all of you help!

Back