• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruining some Pokemons

Years
  • You know what i hate? When they create a perfect final evolution (Togetic and Dusclops for me) and in the next generation they create a sucky evolution for it, so i feel bad and end up evolving it, just for the sake of having the final stage. Anyone feels this way with any pokemon?

Years
  • Does it count for pre-evos too? Because I can't stand Chingling, whereas I love Chimecho. And my friend hates Magnezone but loves Magneton...

Years
  • It doesn't bother me as such, so far, since they haven't ruined any of my favourite Pokemon.

I don't like the pre-evolutions though, never saw the point in them.​

Years
  • i don't think chingling really matters. heh but magneton is so much cooler indeed. the thing is that if you don't evolve it you keep geting 2 EV instead of 3 EV =/ so if you keep unevolved it will always e weaker, so it's hard for me not to. heh

i think baby pokemon is really cute tho, i have a box in my pc with all of them. guilty pleasure. hehehe what your favorite pokemon Captain Fabio?

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pre-evos never appealed to me.

I wouldn't call the likes of Tangela, Lickitung, or Aipom perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but their evolved forms definitely are a step backward.

The worst offender, however, is how Glameow evolves into the abomination called Purugly...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • While a lot of the genIV evolved forms of old pokemon are abysmal as far as their design goes, it was somewhat necessary in order to keep most of them competitive. Magnezone, Tangrowth, and Rhyperior are absolutely beastly.

Lickilicky was simply unneeded though. That evolutionary family will never be anything more than UU. D:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate threads that are posted in the wrong section.

-moves to Pokemon General-

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I actually like Togekiss a lot better than Togetic. I think it's much cuter. And I really like Licky Licky too. It has more personality. This also applies to Tangrowth.

I completely hate Magmotor and Magenzone. They are ridiculous.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It doesn't bother me that much that some Pokemon have poorly designed evolved forms, except for Dusknoir and Rhyperior. Some Pokemon really needed those evolved forms to be viable in competitive play.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I absolutely hate most of the final evolutions introduced in Gen IV for previous generation Pokemon. More than anything I hate Rhyperior, Rhydon was one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, and then Rhyperior came along and screwed up the evolution chain. :| Really, the only final evolutions I find tolerable are Weavile, Yanmega, Togekiss, Dusknoir, and Porygon-Z. Some are much worse than others though, for example Gliscor and Magmortar.
    I'm definitely not against giving these Pokemon final evolutions . . . but they should have at least put some time in to the designs and not make nearly all of them look like crap.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • Yeah i hate those stupid pre- evolutions that are completely useless and are a waste of space. I don't really mind the new evolutions though, cuz they normally are quite powerful in comparison

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    I absolutely hate most of the final evolutions introduced in Gen IV for previous generation Pokemon. More than anything I hate Rhyperior, Rhydon was one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, and then Rhyperior came along and screwed up the evolution chain. :| Really, the only final evolutions I find tolerable are Weavile, Yanmega, Togekiss, Dusknoir, and Porygon-Z. Some are much worse than others though, for example Gliscor and Magmortar.
    I'm definitely not against giving these Pokemon final evolutions . . . but they should have at least put some time in to the designs and not make nearly all of them look like crap.
    you are very right :) but everyone seems to forget electrovire in this thread :D i personally like him :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Most evos and pre-evos that Gen IV brought in were things I hated. Except for maybe like... Roserade. And for the most part, additions to evolutionary families have not been Pokemon I liked.

However, an evo that was introduced in a later gen that I adore is Crobat. Crobat is a masterpiece. <3

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Most evos and pre-evos that Gen IV brought in were things I hated. Except for maybe like... Roserade. And for the most part, additions to evolutionary families have not been Pokemon I liked.

However, an evo that was introduced in a later gen that I adore is Crobat. Crobat is a masterpiece. <3
    i agree :D i just love crobat :D especially shiny one :D

Ayselipera

Sweet adorable little Rhydon has been ruined by the monstrosity that is Rhyperior. I haven't even used a Rhydon since the IV generation came out because I have to bring all my Pokemon to their final stage or I can't rest. It's a weird pet peeve of mine when it comes to Pokemon. Unless of course I was trying to make an all basic stage team, but that's another story for another time! I'm just not ready to use that... thing. D:

Also to everyone who is mentioning pre-evolutions this is an evolution thread. You should post here if you want to talk about pre-evolutions, which Pokemon should have them, if you like them, etc. or else we're going to have two of the same topics going.

Last edited:
    Back