• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~ruins Of Alph And Unowns~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Have you caught all of your unowns yet, meaning all of the letters?

When I had the game I caught all of the unowns

Another thing related to this was did you fine solving the puzzles hard?

I know that one of them was a Kabuto, Aerodactly and Omastar. I dont know the other one. The Aerodactly one was the most difficult of them all

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    There was a Ho-oh one. I always thought that was a Charizard...

and you mean Omanyte.

I'm obsessed by the Unown. Especially in crystal when they have those secret chambers.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I restarted Crystal not long ago, but I'm not going Unown hunting until I can get them all.. Damn you Ho-oh... On Silver I think I got most of them... I hated the Omanyte Puzzle tbe most, I found Arodactyle the easiest. Also When I read the clue for the Kabuto one, I thought it was Slowking (Something about eyes in the back of its' head)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think I caught all of them except for Y or something. It was just one or two letters that eluded me. :(

Didn't the "Unowndex" come with little phrases in the Unown alphabet for every letter? Or at least a word? If it did, I remember having loads of fun translating those with my friend back in fifth grade. XD

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I never captured all of the Unowns. I tried, but I just gave up too easily. I believe they weren't important.

The puzzles I had no problem with though.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    ya know, i said to myself 'when i defeat the E4 then im gonna try to catch them' and then when i did beat the E4 i caught like two of them , then got distracted into doing somethin else...i guess i got a short attention span... what do you get/what becomes availiable when you catch em all anyways?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Like after you catch 5, you get the Unown Dex.

You catch them all and you get TO PRINT BANNERS FROM YOUR GAMEBOY PRINTERS!!

Oh no, my ink dried :(

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    WOW! REALLY! my gameboy printer finally has a purpose now...wait...i dont have one, boy am i glad i didnt waste my time trying to catch those thing...

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
    I restarted Crystal not long ago, but I'm not going Unown hunting until I can get them all..
    It's actually more efficient to solve one puzzle at a time, catch all Unowns available through that puzzle, and then solve the next. That way the odds are about 1/8 of your getting each Unown at first, then slowly move towards 1/26; if you solve all puzzles at once, the odds are 1/26 for each Unown and thus it's nearly impossible to catch them quickly.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    here are some screen shots of the puzzles

~*!*~ruins Of Alph And Unowns~*!*~

Kabuto

Houou

Putera

Omanyte

I've should of posted these from the begining but its better late then never right?

I;ve always got Houou's wings confused

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2013
    Last month I did a decoding on what the messages in the Ruins of Alph are and I decoded....

WATASHITACHI
    ICHIZOKU
    KOTOBA
    KOKONI
    KIZAMU

WATASHITACHI
    SOTONO
    POKEMON
    ZOU
    ISUKURU

KARERARA
    ISHIKI