• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Rules need to be updated....

Krysalist

Enthusiastic Newcomer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Right so I was discussing FLASH CARTS because i didn't know what they where and anything about them. And in the rules, it doesn't say that discussion of flash carts is bannable or worth a warning, but I was still warned?!

There was no links posted to anything at all, so I should not have received a warning.... 'Illegally tampered copyrighted software may not be posted or linked to.' that doesn't not cover flash carts?

If I'm wrong, please do say, but it isn't clear whether discussion of flash carts is forbidden.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    yeah, honestly, I don't see why that's banned, but discussion on emulators is perfectly a-okay, considering both are fairly similar in what they do.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Where did you post it? As far as I know, flash carts should be discussed in the Emulation section.

Krysalist

Enthusiastic Newcomer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Where did you post it? As far as I know, flash carts should be discussed in the Emulation section.

I think I posted in the emulator section, but I don't think that's why I was warned :P

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    There was a thread yesterday in Video Games asking about flash carts, which more or less blatantly stated that the person was going to download Diamond to play on it. That wasn't yours, was it? Because that one sounds like the sort of thing that would get locked.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I think I posted in the emulator section, but I don't think that's why I was warned :P
    You posted it in Video Games, where at the very least, it is off-topic. I wasn't certain whether they were allowed in the forum in a different section, but I did put in my reason that they were not allowed in Video Games. As far as I'm aware, they are in a legal gray area in the United States. I gave you a warning for that based on what little I know of US copyright law. I gave you a warning instead of an infraction because it doesn't count against you.

However, after I closed your first thread and gave you a warning, you created a second thread in the same section after I had told you that, at the very least, talking about it was against the rules in Video Games. You were asking the exact same thing, only asking people to PM you instead. The point of a warning is so that you don't go out and do the exact same thing again, and frankly the only reason I didn't infract you for that second thread was because I was feeling generous.

Remember that a warning doesn't count against you, that's the whole point. I was trying to be nice.

Last edited:
    Back