• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rules question:plus power

Years
    If I attach a plus power to a pokemon, and it has an attack that does a certain amount of damage that get's multiplied somehow, do I add the extra 10 before or after multiplying?
    So 10x the number of heads. Two heads. One plus power.
    20x2 = 40
    or
    10x2+10=30
    ??

Years
    If I attach a plus power to a pokemon, and it has an attack that does a certain amount of damage that get's multiplied somehow, do I add the extra 10 before or after multiplying?
    So 10x the number of heads. Two heads. One plus power.
    20x2 = 40
    or
    10x2+10=30
    ??

It's after the attack's damage is determined. ;)

And there's a difference between the versions of the card:
    1. On the Base Set version, it was applied before weakness and resistance were factored in.
    2. On later versions (such as the one from Platinum), it is applied after weakness and resistance are factored in.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    It would say so on the card in text on parenthesis whether or not to factor Weaknrss first. Currently, though, I have read the text of PlusPower and SP Darks, and they add damage before Weakness is factored. So...

Kirlia SW /vs/ Gallade 4 Lv.X
    Kirlia somehow gets 3 Energy on it... >.>;
    PlusPower on Kirlia
    Current PlusPower: (40+10)x2=100
    Without PlusPower: 40x2=80
    Old PlusPower: 40x2+10=90

That is wut the damage calculations look like.

~L_X_F

Years
    It would say so on the card in text on parenthesis whether or not to factor Weaknrss first. Currently, though, I have read the text of PlusPower and SP Darks, and they add damage before Weakness is factored. So...

Kirlia SW /vs/ Gallade 4 Lv.X
    Kirlia somehow gets 3 Energy on it... >.>;
    PlusPower on Kirlia
    Current PlusPower: (40+10)x2=100
    Without PlusPower: 40x2=80
    Old PlusPower: 40x2+10=90

That is wut the damage calculations look like.

~L_X_F

The question originally asked was about attacks that have a base damage of, say, "10x", and where the damage for Plus Power is inserted. ;)

spastman

Pokemon Proffesor
    Years
    Its after the damage, and if you did no damage (0x10) then did pluspower nothing. Special dark energy is just the same, but counts only for dark pokemon. You can also attach more then 1 plupower, and did up to 40 more damage.

Back