• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rumor of a 3rd D&P Version?

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    I was checking at Serbeii.net and read that Japan is working on a 3rd version of Diamond and Pearl, like Blue, Crystal, and Emerald versions, slated to be making a appearance sometime this year, but for US it will probarly be in '09'. What do you think this new version will be called? And what features do you think the new version will have?

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
    I don't think it'll be called Opal, I think it'll be called Girasol Version and might even include Gold/Silver remake in it too. :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Sigh
    There is nothing confirmed, nintendo/GF have said nothing.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    serebii.net said:
    The latest CoroCoro that comes out in Japan tomorrow has revealed, rather hinted, that a new game is coming out this year. The way they organised the listings showed a timeline of the original games (Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl) and then their follow up (Blue, Crystal, Emerald). It then leaves the gap open in 2008 for this new game. This implies that the upcoming game is to be the third version of Diamond & Pearl. This is listed with the information detailling next month's issue so it is likely the first details arrive then so be sure to check back
    CoroCoro is a very trusty source, reliable most of the time…

charmanderchampion

tyranitar master
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2008
    I was checking at Serbeii.net and read that Japan is working on a 3rd version of Diamond and Pearl, like Blue, Crystal, and Emerald versions, slated to be making a appearance sometime this year, but for US it will probarly be in '09'. What do you think this new version will be called? And what features do you think the new version will have?

Blue version wasn't a third one yellow version was

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Blue wasn't the third, yellow was and in japan there was a pokemon green I think so there were 4.

Years
    red and green were the original and blue was the 3rd version in Japan. Yellow was just a special edition game. and coro coro hasn't revealed the 3rd Gen IV game, but is hinting at it.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    i reckon it'll be pokemon onyx, but im not sure what will be included in it...

Years
    About blinking time!

Note for teh 5th gen tease. I know it is only a tease of 5th gen pokemon, not the game specificaly, but no two pokemon gens have stayed on the same hardware. Apart from G/S which worked on GB and GBC. Anyways there have been rumours recently Nintendo will unveil the DS's successor this E3. Hmm. Even before this (which is being taken lightly) i was expecting a new handheld to be anounced soon.

EdIT: also looking at the past game timelines and the (or my) DS's expected lifespan, there simply isn't enough time for 3 more games, ie G/S remake and the third version of D/P.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    But it is a big shame that it will take quite along time to get to the US...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Whaaaaat. That's silly. XD Why on earth would the third game include a whole other generation of games in it? O_o; That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not saying we won't get a G/S remake one day (who knows?), but the idea of having it included in the third D/P game is just insane.
    just thought of this. Why frikin not. I mean you could include it. Since there are so many johto recaps you continue your adventure there with your second main goal in johto to catch the red garyados

Pokefan2007

BOOTED IN
    Years
    Wow,that'll be awesome if they make a 3rd version of Diamond and Pearl,wonder which pokemon would be in the cover?

:t149:Poke-Fan2008

mko

Custom User Title
    Years
    Bulba news have reported some possible trade marked names here.
    Who nows maybe Whitegold will be a gold remake while Moonstone is Silver remake. Or they just registered it and changed their mind :)

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Whaaaaat. That's silly. XD Why on earth would the third game include a whole other generation of games in it? O_o; That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not saying we won't get a G/S remake one day (who knows?), but the idea of having it included in the third D/P game is just insane.

No, it wouldn't make much sense to have a remake of G/S in D/P, but what if it's not exactly a remake?

Remember how in G/S you could travel to Kanto by train after you'd beaten the Elite Four? Well, maybe in this third version of D/P, you'll be able to travel to Johto by train, too. Or possibly even by plane! I think that would be pretty neat. The only thing wrong with Nintendo doing that is we wouldn't get an exact remake of G/S. Which I think would be terrible, seeing as I absolutely loved G/S.

Anyway, I highly doubt Nintendo will do this, but I think it would be loads of fun.

As for the name of it, I'd predict the name of any white/grey gem stone.

EDIT:
    Bulba news have reported some possible trade marked names here.
    Who nows maybe Whitegold will be a gold remake while Moonstone is Silver remake. Or they just registered it and changed their mind :)

I think it's very possible that the D/P remake will be called Pokemon Moonstone, seeing as Moonstone is a white/grayish gemstone, and Arceus is white/grayish. It even has a little bit of a ring to it: Diamond, Pearl, Moonstone. XD

Last edited:

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I heard about a third D/P game also on serebii. That would be cool... and so would a G/S remake. xD;
    I also heard there's rumors about Nintendo copyriting names 'DawnGold' and 'DuskSilver'.

silver%

thinking..this will take a min
    Years
    i hate nintendo. i would have prefered a remake of gold and silver before diamond and pearl. they remake the other crappy games but they wont remake the best one they had. its rather stupid to build up all this anticipation making ppl wait this long. i almost want to give up on the thougt of g/s remake with wifi capabilities. tell me who didnt enjoy going region to region......dont worry ill wait....screw you nintendo u epic game makers~_~*

Years
    lol to the above post. anyways. I'd say a white/gray gemstone as well because of Diamond and Pearl. As for the cover, I don't really care and with he Pokemon G/S remakes, I thought it was Crystal. Oh well, if they did put it in the game-and I'm not saying they should-but if they did, I wouldn't go to Johto unless it was the exact same as the old Johto. I wish they'd stop making the legendaries like Lugia, Ho-oh and stuff event pokemon. Some people live in nations where events are unknown i.e. Australia. Make a remake where you can obtain Celebi, Mewtwo, Ho-oh and Lugia without hacks. I know they're ubers but it would be a great introduction to future Pokemon games. Can't wait until Everyone's Pokemon Ranch comes out in Australia (if ever). Gonna go crazy for 50 days depositing Biddof's for the sake of obtaining a Mew. That's a different story though.

Back