• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmm I don't really think she's related to him but rather that it just represents the tie back to the older games, and if so they probably should've done that at Juniper. XD;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Or... maybe it's just a new Professor, full-stop? There's already lots of presumed continuity to the original BW games, so to add in this nod to Kanto - of which I imagine most of the target audience won't have much of a memory - seems a little bit like stretching it to me.

Years
  • Or... maybe it's just a new Professor, full-stop? There's already lots of presumed continuity to the original BW games, so to add in this nod to Kanto - of which I imagine most of the target audience won't have much of a memory - seems a little bit like stretching it to me.

I think the target knows Kanto too. Been on a few Japanese fansites of Pokemon and there is quite a lot of young fanart of the older series. Besides don't they air older eps on Smash?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The subway being replaced is not something I'd like. Well, I never use it, but the subway is unique to Unova and losing that is like taking a part of the games away. Plus a professor w/ the name of Oak? Pffttttt. Also for a 48 page pull out that isn't much information unless it's only a quarter of it, but idk. I think there will be a grass leader in general anyways lool.
    Rumor never said the Subway was being replaced, just the entirety of its area and it is now incorporated into the Battle Frontier.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What if the new proffesor was Daisy (Green/Blue's sister), perhaps she came to Unova to become a gym leader...
    Stevia sound too much like Steven...if this is real she's proably Steal too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Why relocate it from Nuvema though? :x Unless it'll be specifically relocated to the town in the west which wasn't really used in the first place, so I guess making it exclusive for that would be okay, but idk. Why would you need a subway and a frontier anyways?

And well MRAS, if she came to Unova to be a gym leader idk how she ends up as professor then lool.

Years
  • I'm excited about Cheren's possible appearance as a Gym Leader. He was one of my faves from the original Black and White.

Can't wait to see Brock too!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    The leaker also mentioned that there's a facility where various other leaders from the past games appear including Lance, Volkner, Blue, Misty & Steven

Omg we will see :D I think its fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well to me it seems like waaay too many relations to past-games. It seems kinda random to have that many past references so I feel like it's most likely to be fake, but idk. Maybe the facility is on Liberty Garden, to relate to the other island which promotes unity and such.

Years
  • Well to me it seems like waaay too many relations to past-games. It seems kinda random to have that many past references so I feel like it's most likely to be fake, but idk. Maybe the facility is on Liberty Garden, to relate to the other island which promotes unity and such.

Yeh, I agree with Forever.
    It would be good, no doubt, but very random really.​

Years
  • Is the source a reliable source? Or is it just some random person saying they have the zine?
    It may seem random now but so does any game until we get the full story which usually puts the random things in a logical way.

TBH I'm going to say Red and Green are around legal age now due to the timeline.

They were 13 in HG/SS and I'm guessing maybe 7 years passed from that time to BW due to Caitlin then two years for BW 2. So they could be 23.

Years
  • TR disbanded and reforms in Johto to search for their missing Leader who left to a far away region for personal reasons after losing to Red.

This coincides with the Giovanni rumor - maybe the far away region he went to is Unova, and that's why he appears in BW2.

Does not have to mean Team Rocket will return (which is unlikely if you ask me and I hope it doesn't happen), maybe he has some role in trying to stop or better - control Kyurem. I can actually see that happening. I doubt it will, though.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm very sceptical about the as-of-writing unconfirmed rumours re: old characters. There's bringing back fan favourites and then there's this! I certainly won't be disappointed if it turns out to be true, but I'm not holding out hope, to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I can't really think of that thing of battling Gym Leaders from all around the world; it just dosen't seem real. But if it did happen, which is unlikely, it would be pretty awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Lt. Surge and Erika will also be present. Apparently the facility is called "World Tournament." It seems you'll be able to battle every previous Gym Leader and Elite Four Champion there.

If this is true (although it's likely we may see some I don't really see them ALL appearing) then this will be the best addition by far IMO.

Back