• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    you know there will be a new wii version out but everyone wants a rgp which is a bad idea
    the home versions are used for the big screen battles

yes GC had two rgp types but they were short (to me anyway)

i used the two games for the arenas

B/r/y = stadium I

g/s/c = Stadium II

R/s = Colloseeum

E/LG/Fr = XD

D/P = PBr

you get the point
    Why is an RPG a bad idea? Because... the previous two were too short? Why does that mean another one would also be too short?
    And past correlations (which I'm not sure on how close together these games were released with each other) don't stand for too much anyway. Same reason why FR/LG doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a GS remake.
    And as Platinum is coming out, there's always the possibility that, going by your list, a game could be made after it anyway.

Pkmn Trainer Kona-chan

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    This is probably going to sound a bit corny, but how cool would it be to use your Wiimote to throw a PokeBall? :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Meh, i never got around to using the wii for pokemon.
    its probably a bad idea because it would be pretty hard to control your character with the wiimote unless you use it sideways like in S.S.B.B.
    its not that great of an idea, but hey. at least its another pokemon game.
    as long as its not a remake on the wii,i would probably buy it(as the huge pokemon fan i am).
    I just pray they don't make it like PBR again, because the shadow series was great.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    when you say full blown rpg do you mean like one of the handheld games except on the wii? becuase that would be amazing, they could have 3d graphics and it would be awesome. that's why coluseum was stupid, because it was just battling mostly. I don't know it's been a long time since i played it. but they need to make one that's just like a real pokemon game except on the wii. o, and it would be totally awesome if you used the wiimote to throw a pokeball even if that was teh only motion in the entire game.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    More areas than you think!

I'm expecting it to be Either the Ore region, or another region very similar. the console RPGs were both Based in Ore, [S-HIGHLIGHT]so I could see the new Wii game being either in Ore, or connected to it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Everyone wants a pokemon game that lets you visit every region, pick where you start, how you look, etcetera, but the plausibility of it is low. a game like that would take a lot of work and several years to make.

Actually, since all the areas of the Pokemon RPG games are based on
    real areas in Japan there are quite a few places left to base newer Pokemon regions on according to this picture:

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

Japan consists of:
    • Large islands- 4 (Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku) These are also the four main islands in Japan.
    • Small islands- There are over [S-HIGHLIGHT]3,000 smaller islands[/S-HIGHLIGHT] that make up Japan*.
    *The picture above does not contain all 3,000+ smaller islands of Japan.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Actually, since all the areas of the Pokemon RPG games are based on
    real areas in Japan there are quite a few places left to base newer Pokemon regions on according to this picture:
    Funnily enough, Orre is the execption, in fact. (Unless you don't count Colosseum and XD as RPGs which would be wrong, or only meant the handheld games).

Orre is based on the state of Arizona in the US. Look it up on Wikipedia or better Bulbapedia which shows pretty well what is based on what regarding Orre and all, is an interesting tidbit. :)

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Funnily enough, Orre is the execption, in fact. (Unless you don't count Colosseum and XD as RPGs which would be wrong, or only meant the handheld games).

Orre is based on the state of Arizona in the US. Look it up on Wikipedia or better Bulbapedia which shows pretty well what is based on what regarding Orre and all, is an interesting tidbit. :)

Ohhh.. Didn't know that. Interesting... I'll look it up.

Edit: I pretty sure it's not based on Arizona, It's most likely refering to an area much-like Orre with lots of minerals; such of an example would be Arizona.

In addition, the region and towns are named after minerals, and Arizona is known for its mining industry.
    They are probably saying that the minerals in Orre were named after minerals in Arizona.

Last edited:

Skychi

The Rising Sun of Doom
    Years
    There are rumors that there is going to be a full blown RPG for the Wii if so would it be cool and what would the features be.

You don't just pop out of nowhere and say "OH ME THINKZ DAT DERE IS NEW POKEMANZ GAME 4 WII!!!!!111!!!1ONEONE!" without any proof...

Pointless thread. Just another n00b starting a stupid rumor with nothing except one sentence.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    I don't think there will be one, but if there were it'd be cool if it was like Colosseum, but without the shadow pokemon

Years
    I don't think there will be one, but if there were it'd be cool if it was like Colosseum, but without the shadow pokemon

And drop the mained Double Battles, please.
    -- -- --
    A Poke Ball shaped Wii "remote" would be cool. Another fishing mini-game would not be cool. Unless done differently. Cel shaded graphics would be appropriate, given the anime art style. As for city size, I pray that they remain smallish. GTA sized city environments would be terrible. I also think it would be awesome if there was one of those "trip skip" features for HM Fly. Also, actually being able to control the field move FLY would be an awesome "extra" feature. As would be hobbies/jobs like the occasional photo shoot. And maybe opposing in-game trainers could actually wield a "shiny" Pokemon against (us) players for a change, versus the foreshadowed references.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    This has been one thing I have always wanted to see, a fully fledged 3D Pokemon RPG, yes Colosseum and XD were RPG's but it was just catch certain Pokemon and make them good and win the game, however a 3D version of Red or Blue (any game i am just using these as an example) in my eyes would be great. The problem with the handheld versions is that you feel detached, I love immersing myself into a game and be stuck to it for hours on end wanting more of the story to unfold. A 3D pokemon game would do that for me, I am currently having flashbacks of Pokemon Snap where you look around the 3D world and everything is just breathtaking, theres a tall building in the handhelds and it may be tall but in 3D you will feel the scale, running around a proper city, where battles will happen, how about entering a worse off area of the city and having to battle the residents who having nothing else to do.

Anyway if this was even happening I don't think that a Pokeball controller would be that good, but the obvious whipping of the normal wii controller would be nice. Also a bit of interaction with the battles, e.g You select fury swipes, then if and when your Pokemon uses that move the screen will have a little icon pop up to indicate you do the swipes and the pokemon will do them in the same place. Finally something that is taken from FF XI/XII but a ADB system if I remember rightly, where you walk around a route and just see a wild Rattata, you chase it and halfway through throwing whip your controller to send out your first pokemon, you could hold the B button just before to select another or something, then whilst still chasing select and attack on the Rattata.

Makes me want it to happen now I have thought about it :P

Back