• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Well, when we were little and played these games. Rumors were abundant. Rumors ranged from Pikablu to Brick Town to Mew and the Truck.

Well what are some rumors you remember. How was it suppose to work. Etc...

Here are some from my elementary school.

You somehow go to the basement of the Cinnabar Mansion, and there would be an underground cave with lava. Cool fire Pokemon would appear, stronger trainers than the E4, and a Togepi Egg at the end!

A fire stone could evolve any fire Pokemon.
    A water stone could evolve any water Pokemon.
    And a grass stone could evolve any grass Pokemon.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • In 2nd grade, this kid swore that if you went through the SS Anne doors in a certain sequence, you'd eventually open a door into the water and wash up on some island where you could catch Mew. Everyone spent about half the year trying (and failing) miserably in an attempt to get Mew.

The Cinnabar Mansion thing was at my school as well, though it was more believable then the SS Anne thing.

After beating the game and having one of every single Pokemon in Yellow, the game would restart, and you could travel with Brock and Misty, and even go to the Orange Islands to get badges.

And a few weeks ago my friends little brother deleted his HeartGold save because he thought "That there'd be multiple accounts", like on a 360. Fail.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    My brother told me if i kept talking to that guy in Ruby,near the space shuttle 100 times.
    I would be able to fly up there and fight Deoxys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    The Cinnabar Mansion thing was at my school as well, though it was more believable then the SS Anne thing.

Oh, this is interesting. Whenever I mentioned that to someone else on the internet they would claim not to know anything about it. That's cool dude, and we are all the way across the country too. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since there are other rumors for other generations and such, I'll move this to GPG.

Anyway, I remember the rumor about going up in the rocket in Mossdeep when there were a certain number of successful flights and getting Deoxys that way. And there was the one about battling every trainer in the game and going in the room in that old man's house in Lilycove. I also remember my cousin telling me that Mewtwo walks around in Cinnabar Mansion...and I kept thinking I saw it, haha. Such is not the case. Then there was the GS ball in GSC...hmm. Lots of stuff. :)

Throws into GPG.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • In 2nd grade, this kid swore that if you went through the SS Anne doors in a certain sequence, you'd eventually open a door into the water and wash up on some island where you could catch Mew. Everyone spent about half the year trying (and failing) miserably in an attempt to get Mew.

After beating the game and having one of every single Pokemon in Yellow, the game would restart, and you could travel with Brock and Misty, and even go to the Orange Islands to get badges.

And a few weeks ago my friends little brother deleted his HeartGold save because he thought "That there'd be multiple accounts", like on a 360. Fail.

You would have to be pretty dumb to fall for that and even dumber if you try for a year.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Dude, it was second grade. Everyone wanted to get a Mew, and believe me, this was before we all had internet access, bulbapedia, and whatnot to double check stuff. You heard rumors, you tried it out, even if it took you forever to do so.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • The only one that I could say that was an epic fail was a "glitch" I wanted to try before I knew the truth:

1. Release any of the Legendary Beasts.
    2. Save.
    3. Use soft reset AFTER saving.
    4. Load your save file.

After doing that apparently a "Mewthree" appeared that could not be defeated and could only be catched with a Master Ball.

Thank God that my Pokémon Silver died before I tried anything.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • My friend once told our little "group" during lunch one day that it was possible to fly a Rayquaza to the moon. Once the player is up there, he or she would be able to battle Jirachi and Deoxys. Thank goodness I never spent anytime trying to get that to happen, but I feel so sad for my other friends now. They basically wasted a part of their 5th grade year trying to get to the moon. The desire to obtain a Jirachi is almost the same as trying to get a Celebi or Mew.

The only other rumor that was spread around was the one about Mew being under a truck. It's really fuzzy, but all I know is that it's impossible.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^I had one similar to that, its the one where you can take rocket no. 100 at mossdeep to go to the moon and catch Jirachi, the other was if you save with exactly 100:00 you can go to your basement that appeared in your house and catch mew.
    Also sort of Random, but I was on a Pokemon Soccer Team in 2nd grade. EVERYONE TALKED ABOUT DEM POGERMANZ, it was really fun, although our coaches didn't like it because we never concentraded on the game. We always used to talk about How to beat brock and I won a debate with a kid who said feebas didn't evolve, and we always checked out progress in the r/s dex, the non-cheaters (like me until I learned what AR was) with around 150, and the AR hax0rz with all 181 r/s pokemon

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I read about the Pikablu and Mossdeep rocket rumors, and once I did check out the Mew truck in Vermilion for myself. Also, there's the whole "hold down B and press up for easier Pokemon captures" (which, sadly enough, i still do out of habit xD).

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
  • I remember one, I tried for about a week (mostly just to see if it was even possible), managed it, and wasn't terribly disappointed when it failed.

I was told you could go into the E4 with just one Pokemon in red or blue and defeat them 100 times without going to a Pokemon center or otherwise activating a heal all zone (like the one in Lavender town)... and after that, after the 100th defeat, Prof. Oak was supposed to be like "Wow, you need a real challenge" and take you to some hidden debug city where you could get a hybrid of the three stage 2 starters... like a Blastoise/Venasaur/Charizard... thing.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Did nobody else have the rumour that there was a Black Charizard in Viridian Forest?

I spent so long trying to find that, I eventually discovered where to find Pikachu in LeafGreen xD

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I remember the truck rumor was popular among my friends. I never really cared for it though because I would always forget to get surf before the S.S. Anne.

I also convinced my friend that you only had to see all 150 pokemon and then talk to that guy in Celadon and he would give you a prize. Needless to say he was upset when he had to go back and catch them all.

Another one my friends would talk about was Oak's parcel. They would say all this stuff about how it's a pokeball with Celebi in it and there was some way to get Celebi from it.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • Living in a little village, I played my first pokemon games with other 5 kids because we had only 2 gameboy and less catdriges, so every one of us heard a different trick:
    I gen(yellow): we were very little but I remember some of them:
    beat the league 100 times to get oak sais 'I'm ti8red of this' and unlock the pokegod city, beat the league 365 times to make ss anne re-appear with all the trainer inside with lv100 pokemon and mew at the place of the capitan, and the cinnabar basement thing; there was also one on ho-oh, but I can't remember right...
    IIgen: didn't played when I was a kid, strangely...
    IIIgen to get girachi, you had to go to meteorfalls with deoxys in your team, and you would have unlocked a secret room.

how much time thrown away...

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • i remember that if the guy sed it was rocket number 100, u needed the 3 regis lvl 100 in your team, then you go on the rocket to the moon, where you could catch 10 differnt deoxys forms and get a jirachi egg

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    There was this one about in r/s/e about beating the elite 4 25 times and then you get your own gym. I got bored after about 9 times. That would be sweet though.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I once tricked my friend that if you sit in the Lavaridge town hot springs for ages, your Pokemon will gradually gain exp :')
    He was like; 'yaaaay, I'll finally get my Shapedo to level 100!'
    He had a bone to pick with me the next day~ xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back