• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Run away!!!

How often do you run away?

• All the time!

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Quite often.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Not very often.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I tend to buy Max Repels and keep them available, but if I do get a forced wild Pokemon encounter, I run away if I'm not training anything at the moment. If no Pokemon in your party is being trained, there's really no point in wasting your time battling. Level 100 Pokemon don't gain additional EXP anyway, so if a Level 100 is leading the party and no other member is using Exp. Share/being trained, no benefits whatsoever are incurred.

Other than battling for kicks or something, there's always the chance of contracting the PokeRus after battling, but the chances of encountering it are infinitesimally small.

Also, the thread title reminds me of a Bug Maniac opponent in the Battle Tower. Once beaten, his quote is "SEE HOW FAST I RUN AWAY!". :cer_laugh:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I run away when there is no substantial gain to be had from battling. Or when I'm trying to get somewhere/my Pokemon have little HP/PP.

Repels are used when chaining or wandering through caves. Especially in Mount Coronet.

Gilgαmesh

All the time whenever I face wild pokemon that I really don't want to face/I'm in a rush to get somewhere/etc. I tend to avoid really pointless battles and I'm sort of not one for wasting time much in redundant battles.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    I run away if I know that I can't one-shot the Pokemon. If I can, I just KO it since it'll take about the same amount of time as fleeing.
    I used a Staraptor (with Intimidate) on my playthrough so random encounters didn't bother me that much.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I only run if it's the, like, 12039395th Rattata, Magikarp, Zubat, or Tentacool I encounter while trying to get to another area and I'm getting sick of their faces. D: Otherwise, I stay and fight because of the experience.

Years
    I only run away if I am in caves, mostly because they are always Zubat or Geodudes. I don't even waste my time battling them.

I use repels sometimes.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    I do it all the time because wild pokemon aren't that great of xp and they just make the game choppy. Unless I want to catch the pokemon or I am specifically trying to grind levels, I always run.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I usually only use Repels in Caves.
    I'll only 'Run Away' if I'm trying to get to a place, otherwise I'll battle & gain exp. if I've nothing else to do.

Nameless.

I only run if it's a Pokemon I don't particularly want, seen a million times, have already captured, or not a shiny.
    I don't run otherwise, but as you can see, all this doesn't apply unless it's your first time playing through. XD;

Sometimes I'll slow down and battle wild Pokemon but most of the time I train on trainers. :x Lucky egg helps to save the annoyance of battling wild Pokemon!

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    Unless I'm training, I always run. Though towards the beginning of the game I'll sometimes fight wild pokemon to gain a few levels before the 1st gym.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I really never run away, I used to all the time when I was younger, but I guess at some time my thinking changed. The way I see it, every extra battle no matter how small puts me that much further ahead. I do being to use repels once I reach higher levels and go back to an area that is home to only low leveled Pokemon, but if I'm in a cave, ocean, tall grass, etc. where the Pokemon are around my level, or even 20+ levels lower I take every battle.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I only run if I have some fainted pokemon. If my pokemon have good health then I fight for the XP.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    Usually when I'm on a mission, like battling Team Rocket in their hideout and there's too much Pokemon appearing which makes me run away since I'm in a hurry.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't think the experience given is worth my time, so I usually flee. I'd rather spam the versus seeker on trainers.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I run most all of the time, unless if I am at equal level to the wilds or lower. Otherwise there is no point. And I mainly use repels only when I have no intent of training and I already know the Pokemon in the area. But I make up for that by always facing every trainer in sight. (Really useful in Bug only runs. I once had level 55's by Sabrina in Fire Red doing this. So yeah, Bug only runs are amazing.)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    in the beginning i rarely run away, that way my pokemon get quick exp but once they are way stronger than any pokemon in the wild i start running and using repels.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I usually run away, because I see no point is battling every five minutes. I am a copious user of Repel, and I only really wild battle if: I have no choice, I want to level up a Pokemon, or I want to capture something.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
    If im in a hurry to get to the next town for any reason i will run from a battle. But if im not in a hurry and im taking my time i usually vs wild pokemon.

Back