• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

runescape

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
    I have an account, Goblinaro(the origin of my goblin craze). Im level 47, but i dont play as often because i get lost easily and the bank sucks because you have to be a member to use all the bank space, and i dont have that type of money, nor is it worth it. after all, virtual possessions for real money monthly is seldom worth it as a whole.

Years
    I used to like it and I had membership for over a year. I just grew bored of it. A game when you buy membership is supposed to give you loads of new features and not get boring. This is boring with or without membership.

black dog

The plum has been picked
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2008
    i played long ago. i was kingcoacoa lvl 72. but i quit after awhile because all my friends got so obsessed and thats all they would talk about so i just quit

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    I used to play RS, but there was too much stuff unavailable to free players, so I quit. My sister had a paid account though, and was pretty high up in level before she had to stop.

pokemon lover

Lucario's no.1 fan.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    i play, im level 101 (murkage highest level here)

im 87 woodcutting
    82 firemaking
    80 attack
    84 str
    and i own j00

Assasins_Greed

Pokemon Pwner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2007
    hmm aha the free MMORPGS... lmfao i got sick of all of em especially Runescape i used to be a member but it jus got soo boring..

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
    The Good and Bad of Runescape

The Good and Bad of Runescape

Okay , so how many of you play Runescape? There are a lot of players out there , there was even over nine million players online once! But , there's some good and bad things about RS. I will list some of the things that lots of people , including me , find good about it and bad about it.

The Good
    -It has the option of playing F2P (free to play) or P2P (Pay to play)

-It has a majority of skills. The reason why this is good is because lots of MMORPGs have no skills at all.

-It's easy to make friends.

There's a Private and a Public chat button , so you can switch Private to ON(public private chat/open to anyone) Friends only , and off. You can also switch Public to ON , Friends , off , and Hide (if you don't want your chat box to get filled up when talking to friends with it , that is , if you Private chat is in the chat box or on split chat.

-It's graphics are pretty good for a Java based game. It's like it's on its maximum , though , Jagex can make it more 3d , but it's hard with Java.

-a lot of armor and weapons to choose from , if you're a high enough level.

Pretty short and sweet. Right? No different with the Baddies :P

The BAD

- Community is as bad as hell. You find lots of immature kids who are constantly calling people "noobs" and say "Zomg Noob!" to each other. What's worse is that the higher levels are usually the ones doing it. (50+ most of the time)

-Macroes run the , er.... Trees and rocks most of the time. Cutting Willows and Yews and Mining coal as I spea-... I mean , type.

-The fighting is turn based , which isn't like most RPGs at all (FFXI is an exception :) )

-For magic you must use Runes , magical stones embedded with power , to cast. That's what is not what people expect from an MMO that uses magic.

-For members you have to pay $5.00 a month or more or less , depending on the payment option. Sure it's 3x the map size of the F2p world , but lots of the things aren't worth it , and usually , Members is a nice experience and members worlds have a nice community, but the Skills , minigames , weapons and armor , and quests that are updated for members most of the time aren't worth it. They make it seem like F2P isn't important and they rarely update Freeplay worlds. Hell I'd rather play the FlyFF I'm downloading right now then pay for members.

-Scamming is very common in Runescape , especially F2P worlds.

-last but not least , RWT A.K.A Real World Trading. It's a definite problem and this is what people usually use macroes for. How this works? People make macro Runescape accounts , activate the macro to make it do whatever he wants it to do. Mainly using Autominers , Autokillers , Autofishers , or Autominers. They bank the drops/logs/coal until they have the amount they need and start selling the stuff. This is what the seller does. Now the Buyer gets his real life money and meets with the person with the RS money somewhere like a Internet Cafe (Like a Cafe only it also has internet access.)and the Seller logs in and the Buyer does the same. The Seller trades the Buyer the money and the Buyer gives him the real life money , both of them making an amount of money both ways.

Feel Free to add anything as you please ,and give your opinions too. Also this is a place to chat about Runescape if you want and compare levels , become friends , or just make plans or announcements about clans , weddings , drop parties , etc.​

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
    I still play , but only to talk to my friends , Air Run (I'm in an Air Running Job. 10k each run! Soon to be 20k each in 20 more runs if my boss/friend starts the business back up again , since he stopped when he got hacked for his money.) , and for the enjoyment of watching Macroes get banned by mods if I'm lucky.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Runescape... I stopped playing a while back, I'm still paying for memebership though. My character was pretty low level; (83)

But It was still a great game, Worst part was the ( OMG! LOL, ROFL NO0OB, FROOB< CHOOB, LOLZ LMAO!)

Back