• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Running Gags

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Hm, so after browsing around bored, I noticed some articles on Bulbapedia about some running gags that have appeared in the anime. I though it would be a great idea to discuss some of our favourites. If you've been keeping up with Best Wishes, you would know a whole deal about a pretty funny capture gag. But yeah, heres a little bulbapedia link if you're a little confused.

Anyway, which gags have you found the funniest watching? Which gags did you find starting to a get a little bored with, or maybe just didn't like from the beginning.

I always found Giovanni really funny in Meowth's fantasies.
    Running Gags

And then theres Brock's ear pulling and getting hit with poison jab.
    Running Gags

I've also always been interested with breaking the fourth wall in the anime too. (A term that refers to a point where a character acknowledges that he or she is fictional)

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Thnx for the Link I get it now.

Haha..I gotta say, I lol hard at Croguank Poison Jabs more than Misty's pull to his ears.

Gibles Attitude always KOs me to the ground, I never believed I will Laugh hard with Pokemon Like that.

Most importantly, Team Rocket, their Stupid Attitude and their Boss Fantasies XD haha!

I admired the Bicycle Trend at Pokemon! It kills me how Ash's Companion get their Bikes fried. WHY SHOULD THEY REMOVE ALL THIS UNOVA?!?!

Overall, Team Rocket is the most Hilarious, their Mottos, Fantasies and James Cacnea, Victreebell, and Carnivinve. I did have a special feeling toward Ash's Gible though haha!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like how Croagunk Poison Jabs Brock whenever he falls in love; that's a lot more hilarious than seeing Misty or Max dragging him away by the ear.

I also think that some of Meowth's boss fantasies are funny, like using Articuno as an air conditioner.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • That Giovanni picture was disturbing. ;-;

I liked the running gag of Croagunk using Poison Jab more than Misty pulling his ear. The new gags are funny, though. Oshawott popping out of his ball, seeing an opponent then pushing Pikachu to battle for him. Makes me laugh. C:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Croagunk is much funnier that either Max or Misty, that was a great idea. And Brock himself is pretty funny too!

Favourite's gotta be Gible and Turtwig - the way they both bite onto Ash's head is brilliant! Closely followed by Pachirisu constantly shocking Dawn, hehe.

Ones I don't like are basically everything about Team Rocket... They lower the whole show with their Rockety evilness!

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Misty pulling Brock ear was more funnier then Max,Croagunk was funny but not as funny like Misty was but good.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I've never paid much attention to running gags, but I guess Brock's "proposing" to whatever girls he meet was bit of a comic relief.

TR trio being failures was original and funny at first, but it got really stale during AG and DPPt series. I'm glad they changed them a bit to be more serious.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Gah i would always hate whenever James would send out a grass type pokemon and they would try to eat'em or with Cacnea hug em.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • My favourite running gag is Meowths fantasies haha, those always make me laugh! Especially the one in that picture haha, he goes for a jog I think and all Pokemon massage him o.O''

Second to that would be Brock hitting on girls and noticing what perfume the different Nurse Joys wear lol

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
  • I tire of Running Gags very easily, but will laugh on occasion. The TR fantasies can be funny, especially when the boss is in a very awkward situation (IE: The bug pic above), and sometimes Brock's antics will make me laugh, but most of the time, I groan. Also, I hated the bike frying.... Why? What makes that funny? Glad they broke the tradition.

Back