• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Running out of ideas...??

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    Is it just me or do you think that they are running out of ideas for new pokemon? I've noticed that alot of the new pokemon look way to cartoony even for the show. I'm pretty sure that I would run out ideas for something new also espcially if I got over 400 of them. To me, I think they could have done a way better job on them. I like the Pre-Evos and Evo's of some of the old pokemon, but alot of them were really unnecessary like the Rhydon and Togetic Evolutions. I'm not saying it's bad, but it really seems like they have really lost the spark of new pokemon. To me, I love the original 151 pokemon and I like the other 235 pokemon, but now its like they didn't put as much thought into the new ones as the others. Don't get me wrong though, I am definitly going to get D/P when it comes out. I'm hoping for a S/G/C remake as well.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Ya! U r kinda right in ur point of views. But im going to agree with u tht they made the new pokemon too cartoony n they hve ran out of ideas. I also really hope they remake Silver/Gold/Crystal(trust me itll be good^_^)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    it's not that they're running out of ideas, because there are so many out there, but it's that they just aren't thinking of them :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    i think they look better thank fakemon people make (no offence my opinion) but yes they are running out of ideas and combos like mokazaru and goukazaru are fire fighting but at the mo i think they are great

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
    I don't think they're running out of ideas. It's just any bad ideas they got. I think.. The new Pokemon looks like robots, and some not look like a (pre-)evo but just a bad imitation ._.

- Nicku

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
    It does seem that the are loseing their spark take that sorry excuse for a pokemon, Dainoozu. I draw pokemon alot and most of them look better and cooler than most of these.

Years
    Yeah, I was thinking this as well. They made up way too many pre-evolutions and second stages and such this generation. I believe we'll get one more ok set out of them and then it's just going to be stupid.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2006
    It looks like Gamefreak is kind of running out of ideas. I'm surprised that some Pokemon still don't have an evolution, like Pulse and Ditto.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    You do make a point??, there was no need for a Eletabuzz, Magmar, Rhydon and a bunch of others, but I'm happy that they made a ghost type Legendary and made an evolution of Misdreavus, Snorunt and Dusclops, also making a Ghost/Flying type XD. But it was a good idea of making a Murkrow evolution considering it was a weak Pokemon from the begin with

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    You're right they are getting a little wierd.

Togetic needed no evo. Dosidon was wierd but ok. I like some of the new types though and some of the new pokemon (Rotomu (ghost/electic).

The Glacia and Lefia weren't really needed. (Vaporeon is better than Glacia anyway.)

Tehy are running out of ideas, but they had some good creative sparks this time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    other pokemon that weren't really needed

1.) Aipom evo
    2.) Magneton evo
    3.) Yanma evo
    4.) Gligar evo (WTF it looks nothing like Gligar)
    5.) nosepass evo (creeps me out)

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    No, I dont think Nintendo is running out of ideas. There's still tons of animals out there they still haven't based their Pokemon on. ;P However, I think a lot of the pre evolutions/alternative evolutions/evolutions were unnessicary. Togekiss looks horrid; and I'm not very fond of Jibacoil either.. And the Eevee evolutions weren't really needed either. I just really think they need to quit making the evolutions, and just base Pokemon on different ideas.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    I think maybe more types would help what kind of types would you make up? Togekiss sucks in my opinion Rhydon evo was a bit unnecessary new eeveelutions are cool Magneton evo please shoot it! But yeah there are whole world of things out there that could be made into pokemon I mean have they used any marsupials yet how about a rabbit pokemon I don't think they have one of those (But don't quote me on that I can't remember em all).

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I believe there is at least one pokemon based off a marsupial, Kangashkan I believe. And Psyduck probably had some relation to a platypus as well I believe. And there is a rabbit pokemon, its quite well known, its called Azumarill.

However they do need one or two marsupial pokemon. Maybe a possum pokemon or something? ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I think maybe more types would help what kind of types would you make up? Togekiss sucks in my opinion Rhydon evo was a bit unnecessary new eeveelutions are cool Magneton evo please shoot it! But yeah there are whole world of things out there that could be made into pokemon I mean have they used any marsupials yet how about a rabbit pokemon I don't think they have one of those (But don't quote me on that I can't remember em all).

Yeah, a new type would have been good, the new evos of Pokemon that have existed since the GSC series are bad.

Back