• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Running out of ideas...??

Spriter

The Sprite Guy!
    Years
    Is it just me or do you think that they are running out of ideas for new pokemon? I've noticed that alot of the new pokemon look way to cartoony even for the show. I'm pretty sure that I would run out ideas for something new also espcially if I got over 400 of them. To me, I think they could have done a way better job on them. I like the Pre-Evos and Evo's of some of the old pokemon, but alot of them were really unnecessary like the Rhydon and Togetic Evolutions. I'm not saying it's bad, but it really seems like they have really lost the spark of new pokemon. To me, I love the original 151 pokemon and I like the other 235 pokemon, but now its like they didn't put as much thought into the new ones as the others. Don't get me wrong though, I am definitly going to get D/P when it comes out. I'm hoping for a S/G/C remake as well.

I soooooo agree with you. Their pokemon are to cheesey. espesially that round spikey gost thing coming out of a pot!

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Have they ran out of ideas or are starting too, well Pokémon has been around over 10 years so starting to run out of ideas is pretty much expected but I think with this newest batch they are scraping the bottom of a barrel course to some extent the same could of been said for the last batch too.

A few things they messed up on is:
    1) So man damn legendaries.
    2) Not enough Pokémon in this batch.
    3) Making a bunch of unnecessary pre evo's and evo's of already existing Pokémon.
    4) Making alot of #3 look stupid.
    5) Finally making the overall appearance of the newest batch not mesh well with the other generations course that could be said for the previous generations but when it comes to the newest batch there is such a defined difference look wise its a bit ridiculous.

But in the end they gotta do what they gotta do to make the cut course me personally I have thought up 33 Pokémon for a Pokémon game I am doing that are pretty good in both appearance, ability and that they make sense when it comes to those which are evo's/pre evo's. And I have done that because I looked at past generation when making them and went by there appearances & style rather than just think up a creature in my head like they probably did.

But all this is besides the point because one there made and in the game so we all are gonna play with them plus if they didn't do what they did then we be having a thread about how there were so little Pokémon for this new generation.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Yeah there are WAY too many Legendaries this Generation :(
    And lots of the pre-evo's are unneeded.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    whoever said voice command would be too difficult: yah, but it's as simple as placing a number for each slot, and saying the slot number. for instance, for a moveset, thunderbolt would be, say, in slot 2. the person would then just have to say the number "2". voice command COULD work then, and though i'm sure they've thought of this, the truth: they're just too lazy. their response: "we're working towards the future".

it's how businesses work.

~Jak~

PC's Number One Zelda Fan
    Years
    Red/blue/yellow original sold well made millions of kids happy....

nowadays ruby/sapphire... the pokemon games didnt have the same feel as the the old ones...

Back