• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S&M Community Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Community Night happening this Saturday, August 28th, 7-11 PM EST. Post in this thread to sign up!

Tournament theme:

a fun gimmick would be like one NFE/NU/UU/BL/OU/Uber on a team. i dont know how fun it would actually be but i dont think ive ever done it before so :)

As well as tours for OU, UU and NU.

Strategies & Movesets Community Night

What is this all about?

As you might have noticed, we have been trying to bring positive changes to Strategies and Movesets lately. One idea that has actually been brewing for awhile has been the possibility of S&M community nights. Community nights are when we schedule a block of time where most S&Mers can come on the server, have fun, play in small tournaments, discuss various Pokémon-related topics, and help new members learn about competitive Pokémon.

How will these community nights work?

Every two weeks, there will be a community night. Since there will be mini tournaments which will have themes, we don't want people to be rushed making a team. and we don't want to have to wait on anyone. For that reason we will post the four themes of the mini tournaments that will take place during the next community night (three OU tournaments and one UU tournament) in this thread. This will give members a full two weeks to make a few teams.

Since some people have busy and sometimes changing schedules, this thread can also be used for working out scheduling conflicts. The issue of time zones was a key factor in making tournaments such a bust, so we will do everything in our power to stop that from happening again.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Since activity should be pretty high during community nights, we're going to be especially strict with members being cocky, annoying, or just plain stupid. Be respectful of other members--failure to do so will result in a ban lasting until community night is over! Also, don't whine too much about hax. Hax is a part of Pokémon. You're playing the wrong game if you can't stand bad luck. If you're going to complain about every single critical hit or lost Speed tie, please don't bother coming on. It ruins the fun for everyone.

Other than that, there isn't anything you need to know. We hope that these will boost activity and add a fun new twist to S&M that has been sorely lacking for quite some time. If you have any questions, ask in this thread. We will shortly begin trying to find a suitable day and time for the majority of our regulars.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • woooo.gif

Finally, we will actually have activity on the sever after 7:00.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hope this runs well (it should since we've had a lot of mini-tourneys that were successful in late 2009), looks interesting.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hope this runs well (it should since we've had a lot of mini-tourneys that were successful in late 2009), looks interesting.

By successful you mean D_A killed everybody, right? :/

Anyways I am totally down for these because when I go on at night barely anybody is there and unless something big is going on, server is also usually quiet in the morning as well. This can help attract more attention to the server, which would be nice.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • We will probably do the first community night in the next week or two on a Saturday if that is fine with everyone. Any specific time period anyone wants?

Also we will announce the tournaments themes soon.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    We will probably do the first community night in the next week or two on a Saturday if that is fine with everyone. Any specific time period anyone wants?
    Anything past ~7 PM to ~2 AM (-5 GMT) is fine for me.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Saturday? I can probably come on the whole day, but I'd like it to be before 6:30pm (GMT)

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Why so many tournaments at once ? I mean like 4 at once is a bit much don't you think ? Or did i read it wrong D=

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay, the first S&M Community Night will be on Saturday, March 6th. The start and end times will be posted soon.

The mini tournaments themes are as follows:

OU

- Deoxys-D Tournament: OU plus Deoxys-D
    - Stage 3-1 Tournament: OU plus Manaphy, Garchomp, Shaymin-S, & Latios (Deoxys-S will remain banned)
    - Decentralized OU Tournament: OU minus Scizor, Salamence, Rotom-A, Tyranitar, and Latias

UU

- Merge Era Tournament: UU plus Staraptor, Roserade, Crobat, Smeargle, Abomasnow, Shaymin, Honchkrow, and Gallade

If you plan on coming on for Community night, prepare your team(s) for the tournament(s) you want to enter!

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Anti, when will you post the times? I want to participate, and I need to make my teams. But since I'm not sure when will the night happen, I can't start making my teams since after making all the teams, if I came to know that I can't participate due to timezone not matching to the night time, I'll be crazy. So yeah, please tell the times ASAP.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • The time will be from 7:00 PM-1:00 AM Eastern time. As for when the tournaments will take place, the first one will start at about 8:30. The sign-up procedure will simply be that once things start, we'll organize the tournaments and take applicants, and things will be run through this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back