• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen S.O.S Need Help in Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    thats a pretty good strategy and you'll need it because that lucky egg is hard to find, chansey in general are hard to find but good luck to you and if you do get a couple of lucky eggs can you share :3

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    lol marsh hunting is the worst!!! if there was one thing they coulda fixed in platinum it should've been that

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I would just find a pkmn that has theif or frisk.

That way I wouldn't waste balls.

Oh and everything in Platinum is 100% more tedious than previous titles in the series :P

Some guy on youtube pointed out how ridiculous it was to get some of these pkmn.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Um, not sure if this helps any, but my toughest Pokemon was Lv 65 when I beat the E4... Try to load up on cash and by lots of Revives and Full Restores.

After another look at your team, use your Noctowl to knockout Aaron, but use Infernape on Drapion,

Use Octillery to wipe through Bertha while switching for Scizor to take out Whishcash

Heal up Octillery then take down flint (it might be good to have Ether hear)

For Lucian personally, I think your screwed, all I can say is use Infernape to kick Brongzong's butt, maybe Garchomp would be handy hear

As for Cytnthia? Heal up everyone you've got. Use Infernape to take down Spiritomb and Roserade, use Gallade on Togekiss, use Noctowl on Lucario, use Scizor on Milotic, and use Octillery or Carchomp to sweep the floor with Cynthia's Garchomp

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Make sure it has Compundeyes and not Speed Boost before you celebrate. I used that same technique to get a Lucky Egg (it works really well). There are a few great items that will help you against the E4. Choice Specs is a great item that boosts the power of special moves by 50%, though you can only use one move (at least until you switch the poke out). You can get that from the man with the glasses in the shop in Celestic Town during the hours of 4-10 am. The Wise Glasses also help you by boosting special moves by 20%, and you can you all the moves instead of just one. You can get those from the same man.
    Lastly, X items are godly. I assume you know waht they do. Make sure the poke you want to use for the battle is in the lead spot. The first poke of each team is usually a good poke to set up on (Ex: Mr. Mime for Lucian, Quagsire for what's-her-face). I could never beat Cythia, even with my awesome Electivire. Then, I realized I had a few X attacks and X speeds and X defends on me. I used them and suddenly I was a huge powerhouse. I swept every single on of Cynthia's pokes with only that Electivire.

Good luck!

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    u shud giv ur noctowl another type of attack instead of all flying. i suggest getting rid of air slash
    and get rid of psychic 4 gallade, becuz of his stats, psycho cut ends up wrkin better than psychic
    also, get rid of flash cannon on scizor cuz its got iron head and that wrks better and replace it w brick break

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    sometimes its ok if u hav one good powered attack w alot of pp like flamethrower and also hav a super move of the samr type w less pp like overheat

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Like my Staraptor, it has two fly and one fighting and one normal just for good measure.

But I usually fight the type it's strong against just because basic strategy is better than handicapping. :P

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    It also helps that your speed is higher so they dont get the drop on you first.

Hmm....Why did I make my Heracross forget Rock Slide? Stone Edge has crap acc. >_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back