• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sad moments in life

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Surely, life mustn't be all pink for you. So I'd like to ask you : what were some sad moments you experienced in your life? A relative passing away, a broken relationship? Feel free to share it with us as long as things aren't too graphic.

Do you think these sad moments helped shaping you in the person you are today? Did they make you stronger?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    There's a few sad moments I've experienced recently, and especially this year overall. I'm just gonna be brief and not go too teary-eyed.

One would be when my grandmother got ill once again and there was no one else in my family that would volunteer to take care of her other than me, my cousin and my mom. We used to rotate every other weekend to take care of her and her house, but nowadays some other family members have stepped up. It was sad for me because there's my grandmother, who's ill and was close to dying at one point and no one in my family seemed to step up and be there for her when she needed the most.

Another would be me and my best friend going into separate places. We used to be really, really close...to the point that we both wanted to step forward and start a relationship. But for some reason, we've grown apart unexpectedly and every time I wanted to talk to him I felt that I was pushed away. To this day, I've finally moved on and found a brand new best friend. I didn't want to go through the same pain ever again.

For both of these moments, they shaped up to the person I am today. I've become more generous, and loyal to everyone around me and it made me more aware of a thing called life. It's precious and fragile.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I lost my grandma in 2011 but that memory is filled with anger because my company forced me to work that day even though it wasn't busy. I worked with kids back then so it's like seeing all these happy kids hanging out and you're trying not to cry in front of them because you love your grandma.

We put our dog down a few weeks ago, and it was very sad, because she was very soft and sweet. I can still smell her around the house (yeah that's how I remember things, I know, weird). It affects me deeply because when I get frustrated or upset I used to go hug her since she was warm and soft and she liked to rest her head on me and it was very therapeutic, and I find myself looking for her even though she's not there. It has been difficult to figure out how to go around this hurdle. I've tried to use other things like stuffed animals but it's not working. It's like my brain is hard coded now. :/

When my cat died in 2011 I was extremely depressed because the cat only opened up to me, and hated everyone else, but loved me. We used to spend a lot of time together and she would curl up on my belly and cuddle next to me, and she really was quite sweet, if a bit odd. She passed naturally, not with putting down, because mom and dad didn't want to put her down. Eventually she suffered organ failure and was starving. On the last day she was so bony, so I turned my scarf into a makeshift bed for her. She died there, and I witnessed her die. It was very sad. We buried her in the back yard.

Joel.Lion

Years
    Well the saddest thing to happen to me so far was a little over two years ago, i had this girl that was just absolutely perfect for me and we were together two years then she left me in a really messed up way. Definitely helped make me who I am today, but as far as stronger I'm not really sure. I haven't been able to be in a relationship since...:l

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    When I was in kindergarten, my Grandma died of a blood clot that could have been fixed, but was worked on by a rookie doctor. I was an outcast with no friends, so she was basically my best friend. Ugh, I'm starting to cry. Me, my mom, and my grandpa are all a little wary of hospitals now.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    1. Grandmother died.
    2. Mother died.
    3. Grandfather died.
    4. Childhood home foreclosure.
    5. Sister taken away.
    6. Lost first love.
    7. Evicted from apartment.
    8. School friend killed.

All of them helped shape me to the person I am today and helped me become mentally strong. I think I'm the strongest person mentally that I know, in all honesty.

Years
    All of the same things that most people deal with for me.
    -Grandmother died
    -Aunt died
    -Banned from seeing first boyfriend, big depression followed for a year, but it was best for me, didn't see it at the time though.
    -Cat disappeared for the second time and didn't find him that time, heartbroken for a very long time, still wonder where he is to this day, knowing probably not safe as he couldn't see well and was so fragile.
    -Lost all of my close beloved friends after the birth of my child due to inability to keep in touch often enough.
    -Car totaled, so much money wasted, gone, down the drain.
    -I'm sad every day, so I can't list everything on here.

All in all, nothing too terrible compared to other people I guess, but still impacted me, guess I am not strong.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I guess my freshman year of high school was pretty much just one big year of pain. None of my family members passed away, but it was all the physical scars that haunted me.

I was the smallest kid in my class, so naturally I was picked on and naturally I couldn't do a thing about it. I was pretty used to it until probably a month after the year started when the bullying turned physical. I came home with a few new bruises just about every day. I was shoved against lockers, tripped in the hall, punched, and just about everything else you could think of. I cried myself to sleep just about every night. I tried going to the office, but nothing would be done. I even gave them the names of the people that were bullying me and all they got was a warning. Of course they took it out on me when the office gave them my name when I told them not to. Every day my parents would say to me, "Have a great day!" I felt like they were mocking me. I know they weren't, but every time I tried to tell them, they just told me to toughen up and tell the office. Then they would tell me that they understand my pain, that the other kids were just picking on me because they were jealous of me. In all honesty, I don't know how I got through it. I just took it day by day and eventually it stopped. I thought of ending it all every day. I kept putting it off until tomorrow. "Tomorrow will be the day. I'll do it right after school when my mom is out shopping." I did try at one point, but no one caught me, so life went on. Looking back, I literally have no clue how I got through it, I just did.

Did it make me stronger? Sure. Did it shape me into the man I am today? Definitely. However, it also made it so that I almost never make emotional bonds with anyone. I can never say the words, "I love you" towards someone. I just can't do it. I never share any of my feelings and whenever someone says that I need to be more social, I get annoyed. I get annoyed because there's no way in the world that I will ever trust and respect people enough to actually go out and actively mingle with them.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I think one of the saddest things that ever happened to me was when my grandma passed away. It was tragic; I was only seven or eight at that time, and we weren't really close. Sometimes she'd try to make small-talk with me, but it didn't last long because I was always busy playing games or reading books.

When I woke up that day, my parents weren't talking. I thought they got into a fight again, since we were experiencing financial problems at the time, but then my mom started to cry and naturally, I went over to comfort her. That's when she told me about my grandma; about how she got rushed into the hospital late at night, and how my mother didn't want to tell me.

I think that moment changed me a lot, because I learned to value the time I spend with other people. I always remind myself that anyone can die at any moment, so I have to make each second count.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Having to put up with my old classmates' crap so I don't beat the **** outta them when they make me mad and get in deep trouble at the police station.

Last edited:

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Well. A few different things. My best friend in elementary school told me he was moving across the country. I didn't believe him because it seemed to be too sudden, but he left and never came back. Also my grandmother passed away just about a week ago.... its the first death of a loved one that I've had to deal with. I think as sad as it was it has made our family a lot closer. I've now seen some of the toughest people I know cry their eyes out. We all prayed next to her at visitation and it really made us all come together as one. There's always something good that can come out of a bad situation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Breaking up with my girlfriend I dated for eleven months. Wasn't my first relationship, but it was the longest one I had. Had to deal with a ton of crap afterwards, ad I believe it made me a stronger person.

Saw one of my friends die. The worst moment of my life. I watched death in the face. As a result, I am no longer scared to die and cherish human life more ad more as I get older. I also have more compassion for those that are suffering.

Moved countries when I was younger. I would never see a lot of people I loved again. I honestly think that this changed me socially as a person. I still do get to see my family like every 5 years that live in South America. It's not enough though. I pledged that ifI got rich enough, I would buy them freedom to live in the U.S.

There are many more things. I've had a great life, but a tough life as well.

Back