• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest gaming moments

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    What are some of the saddest moments you've experienced in any game? Are there moments in games that made you mad. I know in Assassin's Creed 2 I got mad after Ezio's father and brother are killed in Assassin;s Creed 2. Also, the ending of Okamiden made me cry, such a great game!

I believe that if a game has a plot which has a great impact on the player, then the writers and the entire team has done a great job with the story. We often see amazing plots in games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts while other games lack them but make up with other factors.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • There were maybe 15-20 moments in Life is Strange where I cried, and a few those where I didn't just cry, I bawled. I also cry whenever I listen to the soundtrack or think about the game at all. That game really gutted me.

I also cried at
    Spoiler:
    in The Last of Us, and
    Spoiler:
    in Shadow of the Colossus.

Honestly, you gotta have a good cry every now and then.

Sir Codin

Reading about Lord Gwyn's backstory and then discovering his fate.

Same with King Vendrick.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • This is an Undertale spoiler regarding Undyne, so beware!
    Spoiler:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Ori and the blind forest, after 5 minutes I was crying. I don't want to spoil. But it is only 5 minutes of gameplay, so take a look on youtube ;)

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    the bad ending of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All Case 4 was downright depressing. If you don't care for spoilers, see below

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

The entirety of NieR. But especially the second ending. I don't think a game had actually moved me to tears before that piece of heartbreak. It wasn't enough for the game to kick me at the start of my second playthrough, it then made me sit through that when I finished it. I thought I'd seen the worst of it after I'd played through the game once...not even close.

Rin's story in Katawa Shoujo would win the runner-up prize. Unlike the other routes, that one was actually well-written.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Meeting Quelaag's sister in Dark Souls.
    Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • One of the moments that I was in tears was... when in the end of Igglybuff's quest in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, and at the end of Gates To Infinity, so far. That's to be expected for games like this with many heavy plots and storyline :)

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Shadow of the Colossus itself was pretty much a tear jerker.

And then there's Roman or Kate in GTA IV.

Unexpectedly, i felt really sad watching Soap die in COD MW3. For some reason, i grew liking Soap as a character, especially since he was one of the playable characters in COD4's Single Player, and COD4 being one of my personal favorites as well, so it felt heart crushing seeing him die in MW3.

Years
  • The first endings in both Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Red and Explorers of Sky. I remember the depression I went after playing those, took couple of days to put myself together. Then years later, Undertale happened, enough said.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to sad moments in video games, one of the saddest moments is the death of Sargeant Johnson in Halo 3. Why is it sad, well Sargeant Johnson is one of the fan favorite characters in the Halo series. Plus when you add in the books, he was the only human to witness both the start and end of the Human-Covenant War.
    Spoiler:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Life is Strange any 1? Come on~! Max & Chloe. Chloe & Max!?
    You don't just play it, you experience it! All them Feels! from the 1st Episode to the Last! They get cha real good!

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • Life is Strange any 1? Come on~! Max & Chloe. Chloe & Max!?
    You don't just play it, you experience it! All them Feels! from the 1st Episode to the Last! They get cha real good!

YUP! That game hit me hard, and I still think about it all the time since I'd beaten it about a month ago.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
  • Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode II

Spoiler:

Half-Life 2 Episode 2

Spoiler:

Back