• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest moments

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    What in your oppinions are the saddest moments in pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Humm... I have loads and I don't really feel like naming them all but some include:
    When ash released Butterfree
    When Dawn lost the grand festival
    When may lost the kanto grand festival
    When misty left (mistys goodbye song was touching)

etc.. lol

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    When Ash was going to let Pikachu go with all those other Pikachu.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    The creation of gen 4. Jp, idk? any time a poke or person seperates from plot. Goodbyes suck!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    The saddest moment for me was when Butterfree was released. As well as Dustox. Something about Jessie shattering Dustox's pokeball pushed me over the edge.

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    When Ash gets in the middle of Mew and Mewtwo in the first movie and slowly falls. The music always gets me there.

Pikachu's Goodbye.

Misty saying bye to Togetic.

Jessie setting Dustox free (I bawled xD)

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    The only sad thing in Pokemon was in the first movie when Ash gets between Mewtwo and Mew and then becomes a stone. It still makes me cry :s

Another is when...when...when Charzard leaves :C
    Pikachu's Goodbye.
    What? What do you mean goodbye?

....Oh wait, I just remembered lol

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Lucario. Pointless death... Ash or Mew could have helped. Ash did try, but it was really just a test to see if "die" could be spoken in a 4Kids dub. (It wasn't, though 4Kids did put "die" in movies 2 and 4.)

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    It would probably have to be a toss up between...

When Ash turned to stone in that Mew/Mewtwo crossfire in the first movie.

and...

the end of "Do I Hear A Ralts?" with that end of Ralts promising Max that they will meet again and Max will be its trainer.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    When Misty/Kasumi left, hereby making me hate the series with Haruka/May's horrid voice acting....whenever she said "Torchic" I wanted to cry...

When Satoshi/Ash lets Pikachu go, it was pretty sad. He came back tho. :/

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    For me it was when he let Butterfree go, or in the first movie where he "died" (got turned to stone)

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Butterfree's release, or when Pikachu was confused after hitting his head so Team Rocket tricked him into believing he belonged to them. He ended up remembering he was Ash's at the end of the episode, but it was depressing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I wouldn't say it's the saddest moment for me, but the most heart tugging one for me is in the first episode where Ash was willing to sacrifice himself for Pikachu, showing Pikachu that Ash was legitimately good and cared more for him than himself.

EDIT: Also, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was very sad when the original trio (Ash, Misty, and Brock) finally broke up. As a kid, I remember shedding tears when they left, but even more when Ash was all alone in the hole Team Rocket trapped him in, and he used the things Brock and Misty had given him overcome the poison gas they had used and to climb out of the hole saying how he'll always have his friends. And even when Gary left! Of all people, I never thought I'd actually care about him too.

I'd say after "Gotta Catch Ya Later" a good part of my childhood died that day, and Pokemon was never the same again for me.

End rant.

Last edited:
    Back