• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Scenes in Video Games?

Years
  • What scenes in games you've played made you really sad? I have a couple.

The first is in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days after Xion dies. The scene changes to Namine's picture of Roxas, Axel and Xion all together and holding hands. I thought this was really sad because the three of them made a promise to be together forever, and it's like that was just torn away from them.

The second is one of the scenes in Resident Evil: Revelations where Parker lets go of Chris's hand and falls to his "death". even though Parker survives, this was awful for a couple of reasons, the first being that you'd just found him dying in the hall minutes earlier and carried him through a maze of mutants. At this point you can't attack or dodge and your movement speed is halved, so you're getting beaten on all sides and Chris (who has a gun) isn't any help at all. And after you've been through all that, thinking you're home free, Parker "dies" anyway. It's like a personal flip-off from Capcom, made even worse by the fact you honestly think he's dead. Second, Parker is a really cool character and making it look like he's been killed off only to have him back is EVIL.

Sir Codin

I wouldn't say it makes me sad so much as depressed: playing an evil character in Planescape: Torment.

I won't spoil the details for those who haven't experienced it, but I got as far as finishing the Tome of Pestilent Thought and I felt just so horrible that I stopped playing.

Also, not going to lie:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't know how much of a spoiler the first 20 minutes of The Last of Us is, but I'm going to put up a spoiler warning, just in case.

Spoiler:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • The saddest moment for me came in Mass Effect 3:

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

The saddest moment for me came in Mass Effect 3:

Spoiler:

Yeah, if only the ending of the game was as well written as that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Oh, mine would definitely be the "death" scene from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky...
    I literally went to bed that night with wet eyes, just to find out the next day that you can return.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The ending of the main story of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, especially because the music is perfect for the sad moment.

i haven't played others PMD games so idk if they have a sad ending too.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • The end of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going to name a few since I already my top one for 30 Days of Gaming, though it's still getting a mention.

- Nearly every major plot point of Mother 3 (Hinawa's death, loss of Claus, Sunflower Fields, final fight with the Masked Man oh my GOD GOOD BYE)
    - Damas' death in Jak 3
    - That time I let my son in Tomodachi Life leave to travel and not have an apartment of his own BIG MISTAKE
    - Crono's death in Chrono Trigger
    - Zelda sleeping for a bajillion years in Skyward Sword

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I know this is weird, but I find it sad when Navi leaves Link at the end of Ocarina of Time. Now at first that scene had absolutely no meaning to me... that is, until I stumbled across this theory:

Spoiler:

When you combine that with the whole 5 stages of grief/despair theme from Majora's Mask, things start to get really freakin' emotional. :(

EDIT:
    - Nearly every major plot point of Mother 3 (Hinawa's death, loss of Claus, Sunflower Fields, final fight with the Masked Man oh my GOD GOOD BYE)

OMG I literally forgot about Mother 3 despite posting about it a few hours ago. O_O Jeez, that entire game just ripped my heart out and shred it to pieces. T_T

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Literally in Shadow of the Colossus when your horse falls off the bridge and you think its dead.... omg. Saddest scene in any video game ever.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • The ending of Red Dead Redemption was pretty damn sad alright... Same goes with PMD Red/Blue rescue team.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • You'd figure pixels on a screen wouldn't make me cry, but hey, they do! They really do...

Warning: VERY detailed spoilers ahead!!!

Spoiler:
    And that's it. As I play more games I'll probably live through more sad moments, but those are the four that I readily remember.

BatsyDarling

*✶вαтѕуdαяℓing ✶*
    Years
  • Sniper Wolf's death gets me every time, especially when all the wolves surrounded her, I was young and had an obsession with wolves, it broke my soul.

Years
  • Kind of embarrassing how much the endings of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Mega Man Zero 4 continue to upset me to this day uhh

Years
  • Without a doubt it would be the "ending" to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.
    Rescue team was pretty sad and Gates to Infinity had the
    Spoiler:

But explorers was the only video game to ever make me cry, it took various playthroughs until I finally was able to go through it with just watery eyes.
    Anyway of to play more games I've heard will break my heart, let's see... fire emblem 4 heard this one has a good moment, time to see if it makes me incredibly sad...

Last edited:
    Back