• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Scenes in Video Games?

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Uhhh...I don't want to spoil really but Mother 3. If you played it you'll know exactly what parts are sad, there's 2 scenes that really messed me up. It's a dark game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I understand I tend to talk about Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword a lot, but one of its scenes was very touching on my end, and I wanted to share it here.

Although I've played through this game two - three times, I might not be able remember how it precisely went. Though, I could recall most parts. There is this old lady who accompanies you throughout beginning of your journey to retrieve Zelda, who is the same woman you meet when you time-travel into the past, and is portrayed as her guardian. As time moves forward, you develop good friendship with her, and grow deep trust. This person goes by the name of Impa. However, problem here is Link does not know that the old woman is actually her.

Throughout end of the game, Link finally discovers above--Impa's true identity. Unfortunately, by now, she had sacrificed herself for something, and neither Link nor Zelda are able to do anything to save her. To me, this moment was very... emotional. Regardless of how many times I go through, the scene never ceases to get to me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Nier. All of it.

Especially on "New Game +", and even moreso Ending D which
    Spoiler:

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • People in this thread need to put their damned spoilers in SPOILERS!

uh, I'd have to scavenge my brain to remember, but the scene of The Last of Us when Joel's daughter dies (don't worry if you haven't played it - it's right at the start), the last few scenes of Shadow of the Colossus, and the ending of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. There's probably a lot more that I can't remember.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • 'Nuff said

Saddest Scenes in Video Games?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    There were two scenes in Final Fantasy 6 that made me really sad:
    Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Saddest I've been whilst playing vidja was on Football Manafer, I lost a Champions League final just days before my most legendary regen retired. I cried.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Red Dead Redemption. What a crock of crap! Of all the dirty rotten, cheap filled. . .

Also, for those that haven't played Corpse Party, I suggest you do. That one will give you some nightmare fuel to last you until you. . . forever. It'll last forever and the ending is heart hurting.

And add in Heavy Rain depending on how you play it.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I never found the death of Aeris/Aerith upsetting in the slightest; on the contrary, I found it deeply satisfying and rather therapeutic. The reason being that I played Kingdom Hearts before I played FF7 and I absolutely despised Aeris/Aerith throughout both KH & KH2. Due to this, I didn't warm up to her at all in FF7. Thus, watching Sephiroth decimate her with the world's longest Hattori Hanzo sword brought a smile on my face.
    Of course, her death being the definitive 'x character dies' spoiler trope, I was hardly surprised. I just bided my time and waited for the inevitable gift Sephiroth would deliver to me.

Oh dear, I sound rather like Seymour in FFX. Oh well. Speaking of FFX, I never got sad at the scene where Tidus fades away. I was just glad the little brat was gone. What did get me rather emotional however was the destruction of Home. The Al-Bhed singing the Hymn of the Fayth afterwards, Rikku's voice acting, it all sunk in a bit much for me.

Other scenes that come to mind from the Final Fantasy series is Dyne's scene in FF7, Dajh turning to crystal in FFXIII, Squall & Rinoa in space in FF8, etc. The series certainly knows how to pump out the teary shit.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Things that have really messed with me emotionally in video games:

Whenever my digimon would die from old age in digimon world 1. If they died in battle they deserved it, but other than that it really really sucked because I had actually went about trying to train it right most of the time and then it just dies after I spent all that time training it and actually feeding it and letting it go shit instead of just forcing it to poop on the ground where it was training. Real emotional.

The ending of Final Fantasy X.

The ending of Illusion Of Gaia.

When Xion dies in Kingdom Hearts. I always end up forgetting about this because I don't usually think about handhelds when I think of moments like this.

After the first week ends in The World Ends With You. Okay, my first time playing this game I had no idea what it was even about and so after the first week ended I was ready to get upset because I thought that was all that there was to the game and I just spent 60 dollars on it. But no. It hits me right in the face and I'm just sitting there slack jawed.

And of course I have to mention the death of Aggro in Shadow Of The Colossus. I actually watched Game Grumps play through this game before I bought it and was able to play it myself. It was just painful.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The ending of Red Dead Redemption will always pull the strings of my heart.

Spoiler: RDR Ending
    John Marston was an amazing character and to see him go out in such a blaze of glory after being backstabbed by the government...damn, that made me drop the controller and contemplate life, man.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Probably BlackBeard's death in Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I just really loved his character and it saddened me to see him die. A lot of the character deaths got me sad in that game, and at the end I felt like so many of them had gone. It was pretty badass though.

Years
  • I don't know how much of a spoiler the first 20 minutes of The Last of Us is, but I'm going to put up a spoiler warning, just in case.

Spoiler:

TLOU would be on my list as well, but not any specific scene. Everything from the story to the character development built this game that made such a lasting impression.

Though I will never forget how sad Crisis Core was. I've personally never played Final Fantasy VII, but since it's a well-known game amongst the gaming community, spoilers and information that I stumbled upon was inevitable. Already knowing what the fate of the main character would be, it was painful to play through the entire game with that thought nagging in the back of my head. Nevertheless though, CC was one of the very first games I finished. Even more memorable was crying in the back of the car.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

• TLOU would be on my list as well, but not any specific scene. Everything from the story to the character development built this game that made such a lasting impression.

Though I will never forget how sad Crisis Core was. I've personally never played Final Fantasy VII, but since it's a well-known game amongst the gaming community, spoilers and information that I stumbled upon was inevitable. Already knowing what the fate of the main character would be, it was painful to play through the entire game with that thought nagging in the back of my head. Nevertheless though, CC was one of the very first games I finished. Even more memorable was crying in the back of the car.

Are you referring to the part where Zack and Cloud are on the run from like the government in Crisis Core?

Years
  • Are you referring to the part where Zack and Cloud are on the run from like the government in Crisis Core?

Hm, that would be the part leading up to the ending so I guess in part that would be considered as the emotional ride towards the end ;-; It's just knowing what his fate before I even played the game made it that much more depressing...

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

• Hm, that would be the part leading up to the ending so I guess in part that would be considered as the emotional ride towards the end ;-; It's just knowing what his fate before I even played the game made it that much more depressing...

See, I was on the opposite end of the spectrum where I had no idea what was going to happen. I had to punch a wall to make myself feel like a man again by all the feels I experienced.

Years
  • See, I was on the opposite end of the spectrum where I had no idea what was going to happen. I had to punch a wall to make myself feel like a man again by all the feels I experienced.

Haha, you didn't know anything about Final Fantasy VII before playing Crisis Core? Such an iconic game and you knew nothing?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

• Haha, you didn't know anything about Final Fantasy VII before playing Crisis Core? Such an iconic game and you knew nothing?

I was like, 13 haha the most iconic thing I knew about video gaming in general at that time was how you could use the Missingno glitch in Pokemon Blue to get infinite Rare Candies and that Soda Popinski was my archenemy in Punch Out! haha

Back