• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Safari Zone

Years
  • Are you hoping for a Safari Zone to reappear in these games? Would you rather want it to follow the original format that 1st-4th Gen had, or to work like the Friend Safari and ORAS Safari Zone where you were able to use your own Pokemon and Poke Balls? Or are you hoping for a new feature to the area entirely?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The only problem I see with Friend Safari is that you need to keep deleting people from your list because the limit is at 100 and your current list probably don't have the type you want.

I liked the Safari that had areas closed the first time we entered and then unlocked later when unlocking the proper skills to reach those areas. Kind of like Hoenn Safari.

Years
  • I liked the Safari that had areas closed the first time we entered and then unlocked later when unlocking the proper skills to reach those areas. Kind of like Hoenn Safari.

I like this as well. Gradually expanding the Safari Zone as you progress through the game gives you an expanded pool of Pokemon to catch just like the regular progression of the game. I do also like that in the Friend Zone you don't have any limits on what you can do and you can use your own Pokemon. I guess there has to be some downside somewhere though or else it would just turn into a buffet of rare Pokemon if you could capture all you wanted at your leisure.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind one similar to the one in johto, but changing it so you didn't have to wait almost FOUR MONTHS for a bronzong.

Sirfetch’d

I want a Safari Zone but one with a lot more variety. I'd really enjoy one that is a habitat for a bunch of Pokemon across the 6 previous generations that were brought to the new region. It'd be cool if more and more of these Pokemon appeared as you collected badges or filled up your Pokedex c:

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Instead of a Safari Zone, here is what I hope:
    -Multiple optional park/national park areas that protect some pokemon in their natural habitat. Seeing as this will be a tropical-based region, many countries in tropical areas have ecological problems. The parks will hold Pokemon rare in that region, however you will need a permit to catch these Pokemon, often requiring a badge and some money to spare for that park/area as well as only being able to catch one specimen of each Pokemon species a day.
    -If you get caught entering the parks and catching Pokemon with no permit, you will be forced to release it. Doesn't mean you can potentially catch one illegally though, you could always find a blindspot.

Zet

Years
  • I would like a Safari Zone over a Friend Safari. Maybe even have something like Passerby/Wonder Safari where you can get into different zones by having randomly selected people that you have passed by around the world(I can't remember the name for the scrolling people at the bottom of the screen).

Years
  • I'd really like a Safari Zone! And to be honest, I really hope the Friend Safari goes away or stays a 6th gen exclusive...it gets really annoying when you want a Pokemon that's specific to the Friend Safari and you have to add some random person to do it.

In fact, it's because of this that I've added like, 50 people to my friends list on my 3DS; I don't even need to anymore. D:

I recall how flawed the Friend Safari sometimes was, because the 100 friends limit sometimes made it an annoyance. That, and having to add certain people just because you want a certain Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Let's not forget that the other person need to be online when you are online so you unlock the 3rd slot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't want much to do with anything similar to the Friend Safari. It's a cute idea - everyone gets something unique, and it promotes Nintendo's "connectivity" message, but nah. We don't need to deal with that again. Making sure that the other person signs on was irritating.

Instead, add in a Safari, with a time limit, rather than a step limit. Each time you friend someone you unlock another "Pokemon package". Like, you could originally start off with only three Pokemon, and each time you friend someone on the 3DS you'll unlock another three Pokemon. It'd be a cool idea, not as annoying as Friend Safari's and helps people connect with others. No random chances (as the three Pokemon would be set in stone, starting from weak mons). It'd be cool. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    I would love to see a Safari Zone that had a certain amount of catchable pokemon that rotated daily, and after getting the national dex, you could find different pokemon from previous generations.

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • I like the idea of an ORAS-type Safari Zone, where you pay some money and get access to rare Pokemon you can't find anywhere else. I think they should be made harder to catch/find, but I would also like to be able to just battle them instead of do the annoying luck-based crap of previous gens.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • As much as I enjoy the original Safari Zone ideas and would ask for one without HM uses(im sorry i really hate HMs even Fly sometimes qwq) I really do like how ORAS didnt charge you and say you had 500 max steps or whatever. Sure having a puzzle like in Kanto was fun but I dexnav chained a shiny Pikachu in ORAS' Safari Zone and that makes it all worth it :')

Years
  • anything but Friend safari. also having to wait months for rarer pokemon is a pain.. i'd like some what around that if you gotta implement that.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Friend Safari can really stink when you switch gameboys. It reset all the safaris so you have to be online with them again, so most of them loose their 3rd slot. But, it is good enough to bring back.

The Regular Safari with the rock throwing game is not something I like. Maybe they could make a new safari game where you don't throw rocks, it just seems counter to normal Pokemon morality.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'd love both actually.

Main game you have a traditional safari, like hoenn's but if it had the elements brought in with HGSS safaris, then that be really cool imo. It be a fun way to spend your time on a side thing.

Then bring back friend safaris with more mon choices in the post game.

Also if we are going back to original styles, please give us a game corner again...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I would love to see a Safari Zone in this game, but I'd like to see them go back to the style we had back in RSE, where you could put out PokéBlocks to control the nature of the Pokémon you catch in the area (presumably this game won't have PokéBlocks, but something similar to them that you could use in the Safari Zone would be nice). Alternatively, it'd be nice to get the one from HG/SS, where you could rearrange the areas and put out different types of scenery to attract different kinds of Pokémon. Just something to make it more interesting than ordinary Pokémon catching, y'know? c:

Years
  • I'm honestly not fussed either way. It's fun to explore safari zones occasionally but they often don't have much variety or anything and it's possible to enjoy a game without one too.

If they add one, cool. If not, oh well.

Back