• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saffron Gym Leader Sabrina (in the Anime) VS. Mewtwo (in the Anime)! Who'd win?

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
Years
  • Well, this match-up has to be at a point where they're both at their Prime. Which means that the Sabrina after being beaten by Ash and has become famous even through the Sevvi Island would be battling Mewtwo of the time after the movie Mewtwo Strikes back and Mewtwo Returns. AND I do mean that Sabrina HERSELF would be fighting Mewtwo. She's not gonna be using any of her Pokemon. And this won't be a battle wherein Sabrina would try to catch Mewtwo...it would be to the death. Whoa!

Basically, these are Sabrina's powers...as far as I know, in the Anime:

"Sabrina inherited her psychic power from her father, who had the ability to teleport from location to location. It manifested when she was young, and it was soon apparent that Sabrina's abilities far exceeded her father's. She was able to use psionics to do many things- teleportation, telepathy, psychokinesis, and transmutation." (Bulbapedia)

Notice that the list "teleportation, telepathy, psychokinesis, and transmutation" does not mean that she's limited to only using these powers. "Psionics" as mentioned above, although it was never shown that she used some of the powers listed below, she may be able to do these as she is able to turn people into living dolls, does cover powers such as:

Telepathy: To communicate without the use of physical senses.
    Mind reading
    Thought Communications (Like how Sabrina talks with her Pokemon in battle)

Extrasensory Perception: To perceive objects and events beyond the use of ordinary senses
    Clairvoyance and/or Clairaudience
    Precognition and Premonitions (Foresight, in the same year that Sabrina was defeated by Red/Leaf, she had a vision of Gold/Kris's arrival. However, Sabrina was unable to foresee the greatness of this opponent's power, teaching her that even the ability of foresight may be limited.)
    Retrocognition
    Remote Viewing, et al.

Psychokinetic abilities: aka. "mind over matter". Abilities that allow manipulation of the physical environmental and the general elements (Like turning people to dolls?)
    Telekinesis (as in projecting pure force or moving objects via the mind).
    Pyrokinesis (In the specific use of Telekinesis to influence temperature by means of friction)
    Electrokinesis (A manifestation of Telekinesis to create electric sparks also by friction)
    Cryokinesis (Telekinesis used to slow or stop the motion of particles to reduce thermal energy)

Psycho-Metabolic abilities ("mind over body")
    Accelerated healing
    Environmental resistance
    Pain resistance
    Reactive Adaptation (Mind adapts to a change in environment by adjusting metabolism)

Theraputic Uses
    Lessening mental instability
    Third-party mediation of internal conflicts

And as far as I've seen, she may be able to even beat Pokemon or any other TCG since she can read your thoughts. She may even be able to defeat even the best of Coordinators since she can give support to her Pokemons, like make them levitate or shape a Charizard's fire blast to a fighting scene between a Gengar and a Nidorino.

Ok, then..so with all that Psychic power....could she defeat Mewtwo? Both in their prime/best.

Let's not forget that Mewtwo can make a whole laboratory explode and could even transport a large body of land to another area could even erase memories and so much more. I'm talking about the Anime Mewtwo and not the in-game Mewtwo.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • One answer: Mewtwo Wins.
    He can speak with many peoples and Pokémon at same time, can destroy all the world (as we saw in the first movie) and Sabrina just destroyed this house. Mewtwo teletransport every Pokémon and Trainer from New Island, blacked their memories and change all island in seconds!
    The Mewtwo Phichics power are much more stronger than Sabrina.
    But... Sabrina can change the material. When, Ash and Cya became tiny, remember.
    Just that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2008
    Mewtwo, he is just more powerfull, All Sabrina could do like said above is destroy a house

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
  • Are we forgetting that Mewtwo has the power to regenerate (according to the CD Drama)? Natsume would have to destroy every single cell making up Mewtwo's body in order to kill him.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • Are we forgetting that Mewtwo has the power to regenerate (according to the CD Drama)? Natsume would have to destroy every single cell making up Mewtwo's body in order to kill him.
    Ok... But if Mewtwo does it first? =]
    Anyway, Mewtwo isn't just more powerful, but also is brilliant.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Sabrins, since she's Pokemon's version of Phoenix. I really hate to admit that, but all signs point to this.

Of course, Phoenix never had to go up against Drizzt, so... it could technically go either way.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • Wasn't Sabrina just a child when she destroyed that house? She would have improved as she got older.
    :\ Maybe, however, since she's destroyed the house, Sabrina didn't destroyed anything.
    But I don't think her psichics power can be, when get older, more powerful than Mewtwo. Mewtwo is generally modificated do be much better than Mew.

EndGame

Knower of things
    Years
  • i personally think they will form an alliance and take over pokemon universe and rule for all time, while the rest of the people live under a dementia driven government until the day when one man shall rise up and dethrone the deadly duo. and the hero shall be named _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Years
  • I reckon mewtwo would win.
    I mean he was genetically altered to be a killing machine more powerful than the originator of all life.
    + he brewed up a huge storm almost effortlessly and transported a whole mass of land.
    he seems to be able to destroy anything without really trying.

Plus, Sabrina wasn't able to stop Team Rocket taking over Saffron, and if she is so powerful, why did she need/want to become a pokemon trainer?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm sure mewtwo is stronger than Sabrina, mewtwo beat that alakazam (remember), and in the anime sabrina only has a kadabra and a haunter (i think she has haunter now that ash left it there)

Back