• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:Salamence Vs. Dragonite: A battle of the Dragon/Flying

Salamence or Dragonite?

• Salamence.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Dragonite.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Evenly Matched.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on technical matters.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewitterdrache27

Means Tempest Dragon
    Years
    Ah yes. The two Dragon/Flying types with 600 Base Stat total. Who would win, due to specific moves in the set or stat differences?

Salamence Base Stats:
    HP: 95
    ATK: 135
    DEF: 80
    SPD: 100
    SATK: 110
    SDEF: 80

Dragonite Base Stats:
    HP: 91
    ATK: 134
    DEF: 95
    SPD: 80
    SATK: 100
    SDEF: 100

I personally think Dragonite would win, because Dragonite can learn Blizzard or Ice beam to put Salamence out of condition. What do you think?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Speed matters hardcore; Salamence could easily OHKO with Outrage.

Assuming perfect IVs. Salamence has 405 ATK with a beneficial nature, perfect IVs, and max EVs. Dragonite, who has a neutral nature, perfect IVs will have 289 DEF.

Outrage has 120 POW x 1.5 (STAB) and x 2 (Super Effective) > 365 - 429 damage.
    Dragonite has MAX 386 HP.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Speed matters hardcore; Salamence could easily OHKO with Outrage.

Assuming perfect IVs. Salamence has 405 ATK with a beneficial nature, perfect IVs, and max EVs. Dragonite, who has a neutral nature, perfect IVs will have 289 DEF.

Outrage has 120 POW x 1.5 (STAB) and x 2 (Super Effective) > 365 - 429 damage.
    Dragonite has MAX 386 HP.
    But then again how rare would it be that someone would just happen to have perfectly IV and EV'd a Salamence with a beneficial nature? And then to have taught it Outrage? I just don't see this situation as being fairly common.

Sure people IV and EV train, but I doubt that a perfectly IV and EV'd Salamence has been done yet.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    But then again how rare would it be that someone would just happen to have perfectly IV and EV'd a Salamence with a beneficial nature? And then to have taught it Outrage? I just don't see this situation as being fairly common.

Sure people IV and EV train, but I doubt that a perfectly IV and EV'd Salamence has been done yet.

In really competitive battling and Shoddy environment, every Salamence has perfectly IV'd Pokemon with the optimal EV spread. In addition, the perfect IV in this situation ONLY refers to Salamence's IV (which would be 31 in this case), which is quite easy to attain, compared to full 31's. I have quite a few Pokemon with 31 in one or two stats myself and I don't breed nearly as much as the people who actually care. The nature is easily fixed by giving the parent with the appropriate nature an Everstone; there will be a 50% chance afterward to pass on the nature.

Outrage is also one of Salamence's attacks-of-choice, giving it STAB, great coverage, and immense power.

On the other hand, you also shouldn't criticize the Salamence for being perfect because I also assumed the Dragonite would be optimized as well. I gave it a neutral nature in DEF because most Dragonite builds indeed DO have a neutral nature for DEF (otherwise, it is actually DEF-hindering, like with Mild). I also maxed out Dragonite's DEF and HP EVs, which no one in the right mind would do.

- - - - -

edit Also, using MetalKid's calculator; https://www.metalkid.info/pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/DamageDP.aspx
    I received results --

Defender HP: 323
    Damage: 387 - 456
    Damage: 119.81% - 141.18%

Of course, Dragonite DOES have Ice Beam, but SPD is a huge factor in this draw, and ultimately, the final call to see who wins. If Dragonite does move first because of some awkward reason, of course Salamence would fall.

- - - - -

edit2 If anyone was wondering, here are numbers for Dragonite > Salamence:

Ice Beam --
    Defender HP: 331
    Damage: 365 - 430
    Damage: 110.27% - 129.91%

Blizzard --
    Damage: 460 - 541
    Damage: 138.97% - 163.44%

Draco Meteor --
    Damage: 401 - 472
    Damage: 121.15% - 142.60%

Outrage --
    Damage: 443 - 521
    Damage: 133.84% - 157.40%

I only picked moves that were Super Effective and commonly used on Dragonite, along with Blizzard, since it was mentioned.

Last edited:

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    Well Salamence is focused on total attack and Dragonite is an all around.

It would be a hard one but i think Dragonite would win

Ayselipera

I'll say Dragonite, but I can really see it being a tough battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    i rly know nothing about IVs/EVs,
    like they are really confusing to me.
    in the game, cuz of the I/EVs thing, idk.
    BUT lets all post ur idea for what would happen in the game...

AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN THE ANIME

lets see, in the anime, ppl dodge all the time. and alot of times everything is a 1HKO.

so lets look at it this way.

okay im pretty sure outrage is a far-range attack.
    if it is, then he uses outrage.n
    so lets say its shoots it out of its mouth. dragonite uses icebeam. a little explosion. then dragonite swoops in through the smoke and giga impacts the salamence.

if its a physical move, then dragonite could just go and use blizzard to stop it in its tracks.
    assuming it wasnt a 1HKO, it could either be frozen or a thunder/elemental punch move/icebeam/hyperbeam/giga impact/ body slam could be used.

of course, games or anime, it all depends whos faster.

but i would give it to dragonite.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    i rly know nothing about IVs/EVs,
    like they are really confusing to me.
    in the game, cuz of the I/EVs thing, idk.
    BUT lets all post ur idea for what would happen in the game...

AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN THE ANIME

lets see, in the anime, ppl dodge all the time. and alot of times everything is a 1HKO.

so lets look at it this way.

okay im pretty sure outrage is a far-range attack.
    if it is, then he uses outrage.n
    so lets say its shoots it out of its mouth. dragonite uses icebeam. a little explosion. then dragonite swoops in through the smoke and giga impacts the salamence.

if its a physical move, then dragonite could just go and use blizzard to stop it in its tracks.
    assuming it wasnt a 1HKO, it could either be frozen or a thunder/elemental punch move/icebeam/hyperbeam/giga impact/ body slam could be used.

of course, games or anime, it all depends whos faster.

but i would give it to dragonite.

This post hadn't been posted in since July, don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for over a month etc etc all that stuff :( Come on you guys.

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back