• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen same ID number?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    All of my pokemon and I mean all of them in sapphire have the same ID number? is something wrong with my game? is it a glitch? I literally have no chance at the lottery now. I didn't know that the masterball was in team aqua's hideout and since I beat the game I can't get it.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • It's not a glitch.
    You have an ID Number and any Pokemon you capture or recieve in game will have that number. The only way to get a Pokemon with a different ID Number is to trade in game or with your friends.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • As Kev XY said above, the ID number is your personal trainer ID number. Whenever you trade a Pokemon you caught to someone else, they can see the OT (original trainer) name and ID number. This is how every Pokemon game works. If you want a chance at the Lilycove Department Store, I would suggest buying another Adv Gen game and trading your starter over to your Sapphire a number of times until you feel like you have a decent shot at winning the Master Ball.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Their right...the ID number on ur trainer card is the number all the pokemon YOU catch...do you get it? If u make a trade the pokemon's ID number is different because the trainer's ID is different than urs...

Sorry to hear that u didn't get that master ball...

Post Office Buddy

Years
  • OR You could trade trade trade 1000xx to get the Ultra rare chance of going to Mirage Island...
    Mirage Island has nothing to do with ID number though. Each Pokemon you catch is assigned a random number. The guy that controls the appearance of the island chooses a random number each day, and if you take a Pokemon with that number to him then you can go to the island. So even if you trade with other games a million times, your chances of going to the island are no higher.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • But IF you get to the Mirage Island, you will win at the Lottery too...
    The ID you see at the Summary is not the Pokemon's ID, it is your ID, the Pokemon's ID is hidden, but can be seen if you hack the game, that is also the same thing that determites Wurmple's Evolution IN R/S/E/FR/LG only, D/P uses Day/Night

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    You must mix records with friends or trade pokemon from other games to make them have different ID numbers. Thats why its hard to win the lottery in these games. lol

Post Office Buddy

Years
  • But IF you get to the Mirage Island, you will win at the Lottery too...
    Not necessarily, as I said above, winning the lottery and going to Mirage Island are based on two separate things and are not related. It's not like all Pokemon with the same ID number have the same hidden number. Each individual Pokemon has a separate one.

You must mix records with friends or trade pokemon from other games to make them have different ID numbers.
    Mixing records will not change any Pokemon's ID number, and therefore will not increase your chances of winning the lottery. Also, you don't necessarily need to trade Pokemon between games to get different ID numbers since there are trades you can do ingame that give you different ID numbers.

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
  • Yeah...

It's not a glitch.
    You have an ID Number and any Pokemon you capture or recieve in game will have that number. The only way to get a Pokemon with a different ID Number is to trade in game or with your friends.

Yeah That is true....The only way to have different ID numbers is when you trade with someone.

Back