• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same Level-adict

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I try to do this as best I can, but lately I've been slipping. Been playing through my second copy of Platinum and had been using a Budew as my Grass type....let it slip ahead of the rest of the team just to get it to evolve (I hate happiness-based evolution), and I had to stop using it to let the others catch up. Still not done yet.

Guest123_x1

For most of the time I've played the games, I've tried to keep all my Pokémon on my team the same level (as per advice in the Red/Blue and Yellow manuals and an NPC in those games).

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    When I first started planning out my teams for games beforehand, I would go out of my way to ensure that they were in order in my party from least to greatest Exp. Points in the Exp. bar. They would also always be the same levels. This doesn't apply to me much anymore, but it still kind of bothers me.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I always do that! I get all compulsive if one is higher than any of the others on my team. They always, always, always have to be the same level. I refuse to go on unless they are all the same level.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Being completely uptight about this, I have to keep all of my Pokemons' levels the same. I hate seeing one of my Pokemons having a three or even seven level difference. It makes me feel that I'm overpowering one and neglecting the rest.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Oh yes. I do that as well. Usually by the 3rd gym 3/4 of my party are all at L25 while the other two are above L25. So, that would be a yes. And I thought I was the only one doing that! >_>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Guilty as charged. I like to keep everyone at the same level so I don't show "favoritism" toward any one team member. Plus I remember some of the early Pokemon game guides saying to level your Pokemon evenly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    All my Pokemon have to be at the same level. Last night I didn't go to sleep until my Honchkrow gained 10 levels to catch up with Espeon and Typhlosion who are both at level 60.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Thank god that Im not the only one. My pokemon's levels have to be the same, or else I will go bonkers >[ and yes I tend to grind a lot.

Years
    I hadn't really thought about it before, but that totally applies to me! I love keeping them all around the same level, and if I catch a new pokémon to have for my team then I have to train it up to the level of the others before I train anyone else.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Used to do this (even for non-party boxed ones, you can imagine how long that used to take) but not any more. I like to keep them all similar levels, I'm not fussed if they're nto exact though. I don't mind if one or two lag behind a bit as long as they remain useful (and if they do they usually level up eventually).

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    OMG~ I thought I was the only one doing this too~~ When I caught a Pokemon at level 80 and the rest of my Pokemon are level 75 I'd train my Pokemon to death until all of them are at the same level. That also means that all of the Pokemon in the PC box are also trained up to level 80 :P

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Heh, glad to hear I'm not the only one doing this. Yeah, I normally do this simply because it makes my entire team battle-ready instead of just one.
    I guess you could call it something of an obssession!:D
    Oh, yeah, and I recall something in an old Pokemon manual about training your Pokemon evenly...

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I also do this! I never understood people who have thier starter at lvl 25 and the rest of thier team at like lvl 16.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    Im a level/even addict lol, All my pokemon must be the same level and they either have to be a 50 or 55, 60 or 65 etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm currently training on Platinum my team of six, and my highest is 32, four are 30/31 and my newest Pokémon is 22, but I won't carry on the storyline till my newest Pokémon catches up to their levels, 30/31.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I thought I was the only weirdo who did this >>

But yeah, I can only progress through the story if all Pokemon are the same level throughout. Exceptions are Golbat who get more leveling to evolve >:(

MirroRz

You sure?
    Years
    I totally do this too. I set caps for myself though; I.E Getting everything to 40 except my favorite party member, which is 5 levels ahead. I'm a perfectionist, so everything has to look good and usually ends up overpowered. That's how I like it though.

Back