• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same or different team?

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    So the question is that you catch the same pokemon in different playthrough or different.
    ex. in firered I always catch pidgey.

For me I always try to change my team in different playtroughs.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I always try to mix it up when I play the same game, but I can't help but pick the same starter! :P
    Thats why I'm doing the random challenge

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I always pick the Fire or Water starter. The only time I picked the Grass starter was in Gen IV. I also always have the following on my teams:
    -Starter Pokemon (Surfer if it's Water)
    -A Surfer (if I picked the Fire starter)
    -A flier
    -The mascot of the game I'm playing
    -The regional pseudo-legend if possible (with the exception of B/W because Hydreigon takes forever to get).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm guilty of not varying my teams. I always have the same starter I like to choose in each game, and from then on many of the Pokemon I catch are familiar faces. Sometimes I'll switch up one or two members, but they're largely the same simply because they're Pokemon that I'm familiar with and I'm comfortable using.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I'm guilty of this big time with the exception of Gen V My team has always been Eeveelutions (Flareon as the lead) and 2 HM slaves lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I tend to reuse Farfetch'd and Lanturn if I can get them. Apart from those, teams differ.
    The former is my favourite Pokemon and basic first-out (effectively taking the place of the usual starters).
    The latter's water-electric typing and high HP stat are extremely useful and make it able to tackle most any battle.​

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I always try to use different Pokemon through different playthrough's. I sometimes have the same Pokemon, though. It would either be amazingly cute or really good. *coughcoughUnfezantissocutethemaleoneimean!coughcough*

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Uhh, well, no. Not on purpose, at least.

I catch whatever works - and that's that. I don't go around with the intent of catching whatever I had in the previous playthrough.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I always try to use different Pokemon in my playthroughs. However, I always have Umbreon in GSC and Colosseum, except for maybe...two times, I didn't do that. And that's my GSC and Colo playthroughs combined. lol Only two without Umbreon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I always choose grass as my starter if possible.

Other than that, I've always try to make my team as diverse as possible for each different playthrough.
    Completely different.

Years
    Every new playthrough I try to use different Pokemon. It would be boring and pointless to start over and use the same Pokemon again.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I always try to make my team different in every play through I do. I always have to have my HM mules though. However once I beat the storyline, then I bring in my level 100's and start finding things to do with them.

Back