• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sanders supporters protesting at Trump rallies

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    People - myself included - complain about the media attention Trump gets compared to the lack of attention Bernie Sanders gets. Sanders draws huge crowds, and the media seemingly turns a blind eye.

But don't all these Sanders supporters protesting at Trump rallies just encourage the media to keep the focus on Trump? That's the headline of the day every time Trump has a rally - protesters clash with Trump supporters. Seems counter-intuitive to me.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Seems like Trump will find a way to make himself the headline story regardless of what happens - might as well be people protesting him, I guess.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    Trump is such an unconventional opponent who cannot be fought using typical politician mudslinging and thinktank old media, because it only bolsters him when he manages to defend himself or have his (quite frankly brilliant) spokeswoman do so.

Media will focus on Trump no matter the third party involved. I firmly believe it has nothing to do with anything else but media's own incredulity that this business man who was the star of his own reality television show, who has dared to say off-color things from the beginning of his campaign, has gained momentum and popularity the way he has today, and continues to, regardless of whether or not his popularity is due to the consequence of media obsession.

Hell, even CNN, what people ignorantly consider to be the "unbiased" news channel between far-liberal MSNBC and conservative monopoly Fox, pretty much validated and lionized the unshaven trash that rushed Trump for his podium. If that were Hillary, he'd be done for. Media is rallying behind anyone to make Trump look bad, even if Trump is quite literally the victim in this case.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Trump has been making himself look bad since day one and yet he's this popular. I just really don't get it.

Sir Codin

Makes you doubt what the majority of the American people truly believe.
    Penn Jillette provided a somewhat plausible assessment as to his popularity.

Jillette also says Trump has proved that the American people appreciate someone speaking openly. "Someone who is paying attention can do the same thing that Trump is doing with hate, and do it with love, and become president," he says. "That's kind of beautiful. There's nothing more optimistic than that."

https://www.newsweek.com/penn-jillette-terrified-president-trump-431837

Years
    But don't all these Sanders supporters protesting at Trump rallies just encourage the media to keep the focus on Trump?
    Yes. Trump is a troll and you don't feed the troll. Protesting at his rallies is only going to make his supporters support him more. They won't get him to change anything he says like how the BLM people who interrupted one of Sanders' rallies showed him he needed to address their concerns more. Never gonna happen with Trump.

They'd be better off rallying in support of the candidate they do like, or at least having counter demonstrations nearby instead of interrupting his rallies.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years
    Trump has been making himself look bad since day one and yet he's this popular. I just really don't get it.

It's one of the best tactics in reality TV shows, if you'll check many of this kind of shows, many of the competitors that are very popular by the masses are the ones who act really bad and ugly.

There once was a resident in the Big Brother second season, who told every other resident he will outright lie to them and betray them in the show, and he did; week after week his teammates got back-stabbed yet they continued to trust him, until he eventually won the show...

But in most cases, this tactic falls short when it comes to the end, most of such players didn't won their games.
    Trump might have the most genius campaign, using strategies he developed from reality shows; The reason he is popular is the same reason people watch and like those characters.

Sir Codin

It's one of the best tactics in reality TV shows, if you'll check many of this kind of shows, many of the competitors that are very popular by the masses are the ones who act really bad and ugly.

There once was a resident in the Big Brother second season, who told every other resident he will outright lie to them and betray them in the show, and he did; week after week his teammates got back-stabbed yet they continued to trust him, until he eventually won the show...

But in most cases, this tactic falls short when it comes to the end, most of such players didn't won their games.
    Trump might have the most genius campaign, using strategies he developed from reality shows; The reason he is popular is the same reason people watch and like those characters.
    Well that explains why I didn't get it.

I have in the past and now & forever....given absolutely ZERO fucks about reality TV.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Maybe because he's the only candidate who can fix America's economy?

I won't get into economics because I sure don't know shit about that subject, but you do realise that the majority of Trump's support comes from people who aren't as interested in saving the economy as much as they are interested in, well, blatant racism. Xenophobic condemnation first, economy second.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    You do realize Trump has nearly as many failed business pursuits as he does successes? Do you know how many bankrupcties the man has had? Throwing large sums of cash at something and hoping it will go away or work itself out isn't fixing the problem. And besides, when/if he gets into a seat of power then looking at his track record do you really think he'll just start throwing his own money around hoping to fix things and shut everyone up? Most likely not. If he is elected it'll just be four more years of backtracking on nearly every front, but at least he won't have any credibility going in for a second term.

Years
    I won't get into economics because I sure don't know **** about that subject, but you do realise that the majority of Trump's support comes from people who aren't as interested in saving the economy as much as they are interested in, well, blatant racism. Xenophobic condemnation first, economy second.

I'm don't claim to know much about economics either. I don't agree with Trump's rascist ideas, the only thing I like about him is the fact that he most likely will fix the economy (He's a billionaire businessman). Bernie Sanders and the like are not going to help America's economy.

Sir Codin

I'm don't claim to know much about economics either. I don't agree with Trump's rascist ideas, the only thing I like about him is the fact that he most likely will fix the economy (He's a billionaire businessman). Bernie Sanders and the like are not going to help America's economy.
    So not only did you make a claim that he'll "fix America's economy" without even knowing how exactly he'll do it, but your best educated answer is "because he's a billionare businessman."

Right, because all those billionaire businesses have done a great job of making sure their wealth is at least donated to the federal reserve to pay some of the debt off (which, by the way, strengthens the value of the dollar). Bang up job, billionaires, we now have no more national de.....-oh, wait.

Years
    So not only did you make a claim that he'll "fix America's economy" without even knowing how exactly he'll do it, but your best educated answer is "because he's a billionare businessman."

Right, because all those billionaire businesses have done a great job of making sure their wealth is at least donated to the federal reserve to pay some of the debt off (which, by the way, strengthens the value of the dollar). Bang up job, billionaires, we now have no more national de.....-oh, wait.

What I meant was that if he becomes president, he most likely will use the resources he is provided with to get the country out of debt.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    What I meant was that if he becomes president, he most likely will use the resources he is provided with to get the country out of debt.

Bullcrap. Trump doesn't give a damn about the working class. If you think a businessman whose seen four of his businesses declare bankruptcy and only survive because the banks didn't want to go down with him will be a credit to the economy, you have another thing comin'.

Years
    Bullcrap. Trump doesn't give a damn about the working class. If you think a businessman whose seen four of his businesses declare bankruptcy and only survive because the banks didn't want to go down with him will be a credit to the economy, you have another thing comin'.

Who do you believe will fix the economy?

Back