• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Santa impersonators.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    So people, what do you think about the Santa Clauses in the malls, costume parties or in your house? Is Santa Claus really part of Christmas tradition? Can't they think of another person like Michael Jackson to attract kids? So what do you think?

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I was at the mall the other day and saw one. He looked like he'd been there all day and was about to pass out in the chair, while there were still like a million kids wanting to sit on his lap. Hate to have his job.

Santa? Sure, he's a symbol of Christmas. Michael Jackson might have had some kickass music in the 80's, but he's not fat and jolly and he probably scares kids. :[ I'd like to see Santa dance to Smooth Criminal though. Bet he can't do it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The Santa impersonators are awesome and tough. They have to deal with kids all day and stand there and continue to be jolly. Those guys are probably the toughest guys in costumes in modern day America. I mean, I wouldn't want to do their job. Would you?

Years
    I would have taken this thread so much more serious if you'd just left out that last sentence. First of all, I'm sure Michael Jackson would repel children, not attract them.

As for what I think of Santa Clause, I'm kind of having mixed emotions. I don't believe in him, but that's just me. However, I do enjoy seeing the thrill younger children get whenever they're up on "Santa's lap". Being Christian, I somewhat believe Santa's taking away from teaching little children about the true meaning of Christmas (being so commercialized nowadays), but not so much that it'd make me hate the guy.

All in all, I believe Santa Clause is an enormous part of Christas, and without him, it just wouldn't be the same.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I had to battle asking kinder kids what do want for Christmas, hundreds of them, IN THE 5TH GRADE! Do you imagine all the pressure I had on me and still looked Jolly >:(. Well, it was worth seeing their smiles anyways. They're just little kids, you know.

Rachellder, how the heck do they creep you out? They're just Men in Red. Like Men in Black except they have to fight negative emotions, not aliens.

Still, I imagine their pressure. Maybe I should get a job as one when I get into college. It is very heartwarming to see kids smile.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Santa Claus impersonators represent the kids of Christmas. I mean some of us don't believe in Santa anymore, so they are there to give the kids, who do, a merry Christmas.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I want to sit on one of their laps… but then they might think I'm just into cos play. .O.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    I would have taken this thread so much more serious if you'd just left out that last sentence. First of all, I'm sure Michael Jackson would repel children, not attract them.

As for what I think of Santa Clause, I'm kind of having mixed emotions. I don't believe in him, but that's just me. However, I do enjoy seeing the thrill younger children get whenever they're up on "Santa's lap". Being Christian, I somewhat believe Santa's taking away from teaching little children about the true meaning of Christmas (being so commercialized nowadays), but not so much that it'd make me hate the guy.

All in all, I believe Santa Clause is an enormous part of Christas, and without him, it just wouldn't be the same.
    Nah, Santa Claus is real he just died a really long time ago, as for the "impersonators" I think they are the embodiment of Santa and his legacy.
    xD
    GO SANTA[St. Nick]!!!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    There is even a Santa School in Germany for Santa inpersonators.
    It teaches the "St. Nicks-to-be" tips and tricks on how to behave in costume.

Years
    If they are kind, and decent people, I say let them be who they are, mini-Santas. :P
    BUT last year, the guy that was at our local mall started talking crap to my dad, so we got him fired, my 2 bros and I got 50 dollar gift cards to the mall, each, and my brothers got to see the REAL Santa. Then I watched him walk away and cross the street and get into his truck x]

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    when I was four, i screamed to my grandparents he was a stranger and he was going to take me away into his van and feed me candy.

I haven't changed my opinion but I've met some of the santa guys and they're really nice. It's just a way for them to stay active I guess so while some are creepy, some are really sweet. <3

pokemon_beauty

Pretty in Pink
    Years
    So.. all santas totally creep me out.
    When I have kids, I'm never letting them believe santa is real..
    and they aren't sitting on any santa's lap that I don't personally know to not be a weirdo :)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Is this related to the Santa Shooting that occurred a while ago? o3o That roughly states that not all of the Santa impersonators are what they really should be like. If they do their job right, then they really only have good things to offer to the world. It gives kids some hope and joy near Christmastime.

Eh, anyways, I'm fine with the Santa impersonations. Even though they're sort of lying to the little kids in a way, it's still giving them some hope and some excitement I guess.

Yes, Santa is a very important part of Christmas. He gives kids some excitement and hope that they can count on. He also sort of enforces the meaning of Christmas in how he gives so many presents to everyone and doesn't really receive anything in return besides the sheer happiness of giving. Then again, he also encourages greed upon kids so... xD;

I'm fine with him.

pokemon_beauty

Pretty in Pink
    Years
    ^^
    I feel like lying to your kids knowing full well you are lying is wrong.
    I don't really see "santa" as being anything more than a commercial.
    I think the idea of him is cute, but I don't think telling your kids there is some guy that breaks into your house every 24th of december while you are sleeping to give you stuff is healthy :p

Plus, I want all the credit for the presents I give them!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    I think Parents and the TV should tell the truth about Santa. He wasn't real, but Chris Cringle was.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It wouldn't be Christmas without fat men.

They're so appealing. I feel sorry for all the Australian Santa's... with this weather and all.

Back