• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sarcasm

Years
  • I love it. It makes life a bit less annoying.

For example:

Q: Did that hurt?

A: Oh sorry, I didn't hear you because I was screaming.

Q: How was school?

A: Same old living hell as usual.

Q: You're stupid!

A: I'm sorry, but I socialize with others on the bottom of the food chain.

Q: You suck!

A: Last time I checked I wasn't a leech like you.

Yes I am a douche. What about you?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I hate when people use sarcasm. But, a lot of people tend to not be sarcastic in front of me because they now it ticks me off.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Sarcasm is fine by me. Since I am easily amused I probably won't take the sarcasm seriously, I'll just laugh. Though if the sarcasm is something offensive, then I'd say something about it. >:C

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Detecting online sarcasm is coonfusing.

Overused sarcasm used in an insulting way gets annoying xD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sarcasm is my primary mode of humor. It's rather unfortunate that I occasionally meet someone who deigns to take me too seriously. XD

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • I have a very sarcastic sense of humour. Many people laugh at the things I say, but I also find that some people get annoyed when I use sarcasm. I like to think of myself as a master of sarcasm nonetheless.

Years
  • I use it a lot in real life, and tend to hurt people without meaning to. Even so, I think sarcasm is fine, as long as it isn't hateful or spiteful.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I hate when people use sarcasm. But, a lot of people tend to not be sarcastic in front of me because they now it ticks me off.

Oh sure, like I believe you. Hahaa XD; Lol.

Sorry, I just HAD to do that.

YES! I love sarcasm, just not when it's directed to me. Although if it is and I come up with a comeback then it's even more amazing than I thought. Lol.
    I am a pretty sarcastic and curious person. (No pun intended) I often become sarcastic with my friends and even family, but my family don't like it. But meh, I do it anyway. :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm sarcastic IRL. Not much online, though. Being sarcastic makes life not-dull and not-boring.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I tend to be sarcastic when I'm in the right mood. Or, if I just hate you and want to make you mad and I know sarcasm will, I'll use it as "my weapon". As for people being sarcastic to me... Well... that's a completely different story. Some people can be sarcastic all they want, and I wouldn't care. However, there are those people who try to use sarcasm either at the wrong moment, or just use it in general when I'm particularly not wanting them too, and it just turns into me bluntly telling them why that sarcasm failed. Sadly, this tend to happen on the internet. Part of it because I tend to not detect it, while other times it's because they're just not the ones that I particularly like hearing sarcasm fun.

I'm weird. I know. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm a sincere person, and think lowly of sarcasm; but I acknowledge that I can't stop people...

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I tend to be sarcastic when the person I'm talking to says something stupid. Else I only use sarcasm if I want to try to make someone laugh.

I'm not good at detecting it though.

Back