• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sarcasm

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Are you a sarcastic person? Does sarcasm being used by others annoy you? Have you ever made a mistake or looked like an idiot because you either failed to detect sarcasm or used it too effectively?

Fire away.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Are you a sarcastic person?
    Sometimes I can be, which I enjoy to do most of the time

Does sarcasm being used by others annoy you?
    It depends on the given situation. If there is something serious going on, sometimes I'll use my sarcasm and it can really annoy people

Have you ever made a mistake or looked like an idiot because you either failed to detect sarcasm or used it too effectively?
    Nope, never have and never will

:t354:TG

Years
    VERY sarcastic x] especially when i'm in a bad mood, which then usually makes me worse because the other person fails/decides not to detect it xD

Nope, because its usually an open window for me to be sarcastic ;D

Have you ever made a mistake or looked like an idiot because you either failed to detect sarcasm or used it too effectively?
    Yup, all. the. time!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    It depends on who I'm talking to; I could be if they're annoying me. But not really.

Yes, and I hate it when teachers are sarcastic also. Some have rude sarcasm. >.<

Nope.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think I am unintentionally sometimes, but I try to do it in a very light hearted way and in a way that makes me look silly. That's my favourite kind of humour, acting silly myself. When people are sarcastic to try and mock other people it just annoys me. But I probably do that too sometimes.

I agree with the quote "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit", and anyone who says "only to the uneducated" is just wrong.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Ahaha. I'm really sarcastic. It's like my natural intonation.. Or so says my English teacher and many others.

Agh. If other people are sarcastic it annoys me SO much, which is kinda hypocritical I guess? I mean, I'm sarcastic but I dont like people being sarcastic themselves.

I generally detect sarcasm well, and I wouldn't say I've ever looked like an idiot. Other people have when they haven't realised I've been being sarcastic.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Sometimes, if the person I'm talking to is stupid asks too many obvious questions.

I only hate when people use it when it's unnecessary. I remember back in grade school, it was the "cool" thing to use sarcasm. You could ask the simplest question, and the other person's response was, "Noooooooo." If I said something like, "Oh, I didn't know *insert something I didn't know before*" the other person's response was, "Nawwww, really?!" Boy was that annoying o_-

Not that I remember, because I can usually detect sarcasm. What is really funny though is when someone used sarcasm and my other friends and I took it seriously. She was like, "I was being sarcastic!" Our response: Well you suck at it.

Years
    1.Well, I have been told by many that I am very sarcastic person. So I guess I do it without realizing it, though when I am aware I do it to purposely to joke around with people.
    2.No, I have never been bothered by someone using sarcasm unless they are using it in a rude way.
    3. Usually I can tell when someone is sarcastic, unless they are bad at it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ohhhh leaf child. lol -pats- Anyway, I'm very sarcastic irl. But there are some things that sarcasm shouldn't touch, if you get me. Sensitive subjects and such. You need to know when it's appropriate to be sarcastic and when it's not appropriate to be able to use it properly. And online, it's a bit difficult to be sarcastic, because no one can hear the tone of your voice when you're saying something sarcastic, unless you're on Skype or something. I can detect sarcasm irl easily, but online is a bit more difficult. I sometimes mistake things as being sarcastic when they're really not, like if someone is apologizing for breaking the rules with a certain wording. Just hard to tell sometimes. You need to know how to use it effectively though. Doesn't annoy me, unless it's used in stupid ways.

k bye.

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
    Very sarcastic. I'm pretty much always being sarcastic.
    Only if they're using it in order to make me feel foolish D:
    I can usually detect sarcasm but over the internet it's difficult because my friends are all stupid and don't realize sarcasm doesn't travel through text >.>

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sarcasm is awesome, I love it, and I use it all the time.

And then people hit me for it. ;.;

Years
    apparently, few on this site understand sarcasm. I understand theirs, but they don't understand mine.
    My signature is one of many cases. Well, not that I'm here for long but hell I'm sure there was. I even got infracted for using it, hahahaha.

I don't use sarcasm much in my own life, probably because I do not talk often, but hell on the internet I use it commonly.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'm very sarcastic. I use sarcasm at least once a day. I even use it on myself!

If its used amoungst friends or family (who know peoples boundaries) as a little joke I'm not bothered. If an authority figure were to use it (my boss for example) I just find it arrogant and unprofessional.

People who dont know me, usually cant tell when I'm being sarcastic. These situations have never turned out well (apparently its because I dont emote enough when I speak)

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I speak fluent sarcasm. x3

Irl-- No, because I can easily tell if someone's being sarcastic by the way they speak and act.
    Online-- Yes. I get fooled/confused very easily online. o.o

Online- Yes. >n<;; ALL the time. D<

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i wouldn't say it's the "lowest form of wit," it's just used immoderately by people who understand nothing about subtlety and timing. i love sarcasm, it's such a loaded genre of humor and so interesting to analyze different cultures' various usages of it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I love sarcasm. ^^ I'm often sarcastic, and so are my friends.

Years
    I am with certain people, but I'm not overly sarcastic in general.

I don't mind if others use it, as long as they aren't doing it to put someone else down.

I've stopped using sarcasm entirely on the computer, just because it's so hard for other people to tell if you're being sincere or sarcastic (unless you use the whole [/sarcasm] thing, but then it makes your sarcasm look forced).

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    No.... Really, I'm not. I love being straightforward and blunt.
    Not really. Actually, if it's coming from my sister then yeah.
    Not that I know... oh wait, there was this one incident.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In rl, I tend to be more sarcastic e, but if I'm feeling crummy, I'll be a little sarcastic on here. Guess it just depends on my mood.

Back