• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saurav's sprites and tilesets project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opacus

PIXELS
Years
  • This is some pretty nice stuff. I have some critique for you though:
    Maybe you should give the houses a drop shadow just like the trees?
    I see no reason why the trees do have a drop shadow, but the houses don't.
    Currently they kind of look 'pasted in'. I'm sure a shadow can make it look more like it belongs in there.
    Also, the houses with the textured roofs, the very dark brown ones, I'm having trouble seeing if the roofes are flat or if they're supossed to be triangular like a regular roof?
    In alot of your sprites there's also some nasty banding going on, you should avoid this.
    (If you don't know what that is, look here: https://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=5556.msg66232#msg66232)

Craver

I'm From WAH!
    Years
  • Well saurav, this is my first post in your thread.

Congrats!, you are a good tiler (as Kyle & Don), good job and i'll make sure to you i'll use your tiles.

I hope the best for you... See ya friend!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Here I finished the rom base. So sorry it took me so long. A lot of things happend including that the rom crashed 3times. I couldn't put any buildins in because I am terrible at change the colors of tiles. Any way here it is. This base is for fire red(e).
    heres a pic

Also nice new tiles.
    EDIT: I figured out tha the base wasn't workking for some people so I reuploaded it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    you know, sprite theft is a bit more obvious than it appears.. heres a comparison of "your"tiles with BadAssBill's from Spriter's Resource.

Other than that, and your edits, you are doing an okay job with them. some textures and perspectives arent right, though.

Last edited:

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • Finally :D :D ..... someone made something :P :) ..... well I am all excited and all .... could you help us here abit "^^ ........ any hints or clues will be great like its (rombase) patch for R/S/E?.

And thanks for giving some time for this "sab".
    ( By the way +1 rep for you :) )

And thanks for the wonderful comments given by my viewers :) you all have been my support and my energy booster and sorry for being missing for a while ..... computer going crazy and work torture .... <_< ....

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Finally :D :D ..... someone made something :P :) ..... well I am all excited and all .... could you help us here abit "^^ ........ any hints or clues will be great like its (rombase) patch for R/S/E?.

And thanks for giving some time for this "sab".
    ( By the way +1 rep for you :) )

And thanks for the wonderful comments given by my viewers :) you all have been my support and my energy booster and sorry for being missing for a while ..... computer going crazy and work torture .... <_< ....
    sorry... well I editted the post and this base is for fire red(e).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    you know, sprite theft is a bit more obvious than it appears.. heres a comparison of "your"tiles with BadAssBill's from Spriter's Resource.

Other than that, and your edits, you are doing an okay job with them. some textures and perspectives arent right, though.

I was waiting for a report on this on perhaps more info, but from which sheet are those tiles by BadAssBill from. Could you please provide a link? Because judging by Saurav's latest comment it could just be a rip from a game.

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • Don't want others to fell like I have ran away or something .... and sorry I don't have any update either :( .... very busy work, work and work ...... chefs here are killing me >_>

Well "DLS" liked I said it was a long time back I created/reedit it ..... and that tileset sheet of Badassbill could have be ripped from a game? and maybe could have recolor or something like sometimes people rip tiles from D/P, G/S/C, n R/B .... and recolor or change abit and call it custom??

And for further more discussion if you have any problem "DLS" and if you still think Saurav is just a ripper then I will declare about those tileset which you have problem with I will put a statement about those tiles and will not give any permission for those tiles to be use and I will ask those people who have used those tiles and kindly ask them to remove it? Is that fare to you?

And I am sure many people will hate me for doing that, but I am willing to take the risk.

Reason for taking the risk .... err.. my thread is getting kinda spam .... and a kind request from me to the staffs, once this is over could these posts be remove?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I don't care if they were ripped or they happend to both be inspired by a picture or simpally a coincidince or what, I'm sure that neither of these people meant any harm. Lets just focuse on appreciating the tiles they both made.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Don't want others to fell like I have ran away or something .... and sorry I don't have any update either :( .... very busy work, work and work ...... chefs here are killing me >_>

Well "DLS" liked I said it was a long time back I created/reedit it ..... and that tileset sheet of Badassbill could have be ripped from a game? and maybe could have recolor or something like sometimes people rip tiles from D/P, G/S/C, n R/B .... and recolor or change abit and call it custom??

And for further more discussion if you have any problem "DLS" and if you still think Saurav is just a ripper then I will declare about those tileset which you have problem with I will put a statement about those tiles and will not give any permission for those tiles to be use and I will ask those people who have used those tiles and kindly ask them to remove it? Is that fare to you?

And I am sure many people will hate me for doing that, but I am willing to take the risk.

Reason for taking the risk .... err.. my thread is getting kinda spam .... and a kind request from me to the staffs, once this is over could these posts be remove?

Personally, I think it'd be best if you removed the offending tiles all together so that there is no future confusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back