• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Save Error (OMG I am ripping mi hair out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

finleymon3000

i liek mudkipz and darkness
Years
  • Lock thread please.

Well I can't seem to save on any of my GBA ROMs - with any of my emulators.

This is what happens on FireRed.

On NO$GBA, it saves without a problem, but I find it hasn't even created a SAV file when I check on it. When I reset the cartridge, the save is still there, but when I close down NO$GBA and play FireRed again, its gone.

On VBA, when I try to save, beforehand it warns me there's already an existing save file, (though there isn't) but when I go through with it all it comes up with this message: Save error. Please exchange the backup memory.

So what's that about? I've tried experimenting with a lot of different FireRed ROMs, so I don't think its to do with whether the ROM is clean or not.

I can save now, thanks to Shwicked's advice.

Lock thread please.

Last edited:

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
  • o.o; That's pretty weird. If I recall correctly, the FireRed ROM needs to be patched before it can save properly. It's actually the same with the Emerald ROM.

Problem is, I forgot how to patch the FireRed ROM since it's been a long time since I played it, but do look around, you might find some answers.

Years
  • I'm not sure about the NO$GBA problem. Sorry.
    But, on VBA, I think you're supposed to change the save type of the game.

Go to - Options-Emulator-Save Type-Flash 128K.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back