• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Save File Mounting

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
  • Greetings. I have a new, weird script that might help a lot of developers here. I call this Script Save File Mounting. This simple plug and play script is used to allow old save files for existing games to introduce new content without conflict. Easiest example of how to use this is if you had the older version of Birthsigns and want to it. It can even be used to introduce the Friend Care system to your game if you already have a public version of the game released. Instructions on how to use are in the first few lines of the script. I hope this comes in handy.
    You can get the script here

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    How can you do this without the player having to choose a gender all over again? Because I'm getting a 'cannot convert fixnum to string' error when I try to load without the player choosing a gender.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • How can you do this without the player having to choose a gender all over again? Because I'm getting a 'cannot convert fixnum to string' error when I try to load without the player choosing a gender.

you can't, at bare minimum you have to set up the player character first before then. at bare minimum, a name and a gender must be chosen. those two you technically can do automatically so how you go about it is up to you. just expect some weird things if you do.

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I actually figured out a way to load the game without setting the gender.
    nn0BeGa.png

And then after this you can have the intro teleport the player to a common area like a PokeCenter or something.

The only issue I have now is that it removes the fly location. Is there a way to keep that or is the player just going to have to visit everything on foot again?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I actually figured out a way to load the game without setting the gender.
    nn0BeGa.png

And then after this you can have the intro teleport the player to a common area like a PokeCenter or something.

The only issue I have now is that it removes the fly location. Is there a way to keep that or is the player just going to have to visit everything on foot again?

theoretically, if you uncomment line 242 and 276 in the Script, then create and load a new mount that should give you fly access

Back