• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Save the Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Years
Last Update (# 4):

I just Saved the Pokemon! 8D
Every single legendary that I can catch has been caught in this order: Rayquaza, Latias, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre and Groudon. This challenge was so fun, and I'd probably remember this fondly even after awhile. I guess I should finish this update with my statistics.

Trainer Cid
Badges: 8 and with the Pokemon League beaten~
Purified:
+Before the End: 6
+After the End: Everyone, because I finished the challenge. :3
Legendaries: 7 (Completed)

282.gif

Daniel / Lv58 Gardevoir (m) / Ability: Trace / Naughty nature
>// Until the end, he was my most used Pokemon. Hypnosis was very useful.
Shock Wave, Hypnosis, Psychic, Calm Mind

260.gif

Chris / Lv57 Swampert (m) / Ability: Torrent / Bold nature
Earthquake, Take Down, Ice Beam, Surf

082.gif

Thomas / Lv58 Magneton ( ) / Ability: Sturdy / Careful nature
Thunderbolt, Tri Attack, Spark, Thunder Wave
>// Thunder Wave was also useful.

227.gif

Blake / Lv54 Skarmory (m) / Ability: Keen Eye / Mild nature
Aerial Ace, Spikes, Return, Steel Wing

297.gif

Mike / Lv54 Hariyama (m) / Ability: Guts / Hardy nature
Earthquake, Fake Out, Vital Throw, Strength

277.gif

Jack / Lv54 Swellow (m) / Ability: Guts / Rash nature
Steel Wing, Aerial Ace, Fly, Quick Attack

HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Pictures of Legendaries Captured:
Spoiler:

Thanks for making the event so fun, Sydian. \o/

♀ Eevee - Hacker

Lazy Hacker N00b
Years
omg... so tired... played all day yesterday and finished a Ruby run...

catching the legendaries was awful!!! when i was trying to catch rayquaza, i had my swampert with only 10pp of icebeam and 1pp of dive (i didnt feel like grabbing my dive slave) and icebeam would knock his health down to like... 30% but he'd OHKO my Zangoose with False Swipe and the rest of my team would get OHKO from everything else... then that stupid REST D: i had him frozen and managed to false swipe him and was about to throw another ultra ball the next turn but he DEFROSTED AND RESTED THEN PROCEEDED TO RAPE MY TEAM. again... i cant tell you how many times i restarted... thank god for the emulator quicksaves!

RUBY: complete. Hall of Fame: Swampert 55, Absol 44, Linoone 48, Zangoose 56, Swellow 30, Hariyama 40 (last two were fly slave/attack absorber for heals and rez's) caught Rayquaza, the three regis, groudon and Latios!
EMERALD: 4 badges; team of Marshtomp 32, Ralts 23, Zigzagoonx2 21, 12, Skarmory 27, and Wingull 26
SAPPHIRE:
5 badges; team of Marshstomp 38, Ralts 19, Zigzagoonx3 30,18,9, Skarmory 26 (wow i dont gravitate far...damn the lack of good pokemon in gen 3...)
XD: i havent played in a while but i know my Espeon is a good 40+, ive finished wiping out Team Snagem, and need to head to Cypher Key Lair. i think i have...30ish...40ish...shadow pkmn and only purified teddiursa (i wanted that Elekid from Hordel but i'll hve to wait ><)

Sapphire is DONE...ugh i am so fried...

final team: Swampert, Ninetails, Absol, Skarmory, Kyogre (useless...absolutely useless), and Linoone!

off to... finish Emerald and XD...after i spend some time OUTSIDE of my room (thats a lie, i go on runs...more like socializing)
:DDDDD
ninetails and absol are bros for life

Last edited:

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
Years
Ummm.

User: Jdthebud
Game: Ruby

What's an easy way to find Latios? It's roaming, so...
camp just outside slateport, have a lv 20 or higher pokemon, HAVE A TON OF FREAKING REPELS, and run around in the grass, if u dont find him after about 10 mins, enter and exit slateport

Also I would like to sign up for the hurricanes spot, im wanting an excuse to play Pokemon XD again, ESPEON FTW
*EDIT*
wait, its pretty much too late to do this... dang...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Well, with a little bit of luck, I managed to finally find Latios~ (Groudon an Kyogre were easy to catch, haha)

2ebcq41.png

/named Latios Tomoya because I was rewatching Clannad (which I still am doing at this very moment; KOTOMI-CHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN ;;) when I encountered it :>

So, for my final team stats:

Spoiler:

And with that, I am done~ So now I won't have urges to strangle Tinypic and its annoying Captcha anymore.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
DONE!
Well I am too lazy to write everything I did in this challenge. And this is my one and only update. If I were to update fully it would just be retelling the plot pretty much anyway. So I'll just post a (bad quality) picture and show you my partner Pokemon Vaporeon. I even made my challenge harder by only using Poke Balls to catch things and not using any TMs.

134.gif

Vappy (Vaporeon) Lv65.
Moves: Quick Attack, Hydro Pump, Bite, Aurora Beam.
Picture of save, you can barely make out 83.
Spoiler:

Years
Sydian said I had to give an update on my reckless attempt of trying to complete this challenge in a short amount of time. Well I just got today and to
Tomorrow and I have 5 badges Ive purified Shroomish and Ralts and now I'm working on my SWABLU. I'm on Route 118 and I don't like it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
I'm about halfway through Gale of Darkness, and plan to sit down and play all day tomorrow and the next day to finish it up. =)

Years
Welp. I failed ^_^

I'll still finish the challenge though even though if you just breed your Pokemon it's not hard to purify at all unless you let it faint a million times, and I have to catch all the legendaries anyway because I need it for Pokepark on either my 5th or 4th gen games :o

♀ Eevee - Hacker

Lazy Hacker N00b
Years
woo... not, im tired xD

XD is done! my espeon and Sandslash have proven to be true bros... despite the insane amount of crits they like to pull that scare me to death (catching them last 10 was HELL, i was about ready to scream...used the masterball on dragonite...cuz i didnt feel like dealing with him)

sooo.... ive learned something... Gen 3 is my least favorite gen... ever. (ill try doing this in FRLG for fun later on :3)

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
So, I didn't make it. =(

All I have left to do is get a couple Shadows I missed and Dragonite and purify them, but I just don't think I'll have time since it's almost 10 and it ends at 11:59. =(

But I had lots of fun, and I'll be finishing it even if I don't make the deadline! This challenge rocks, it definitely needs to be a permanent thread. I'd like to try on the GBA games, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hay guys I finished here's my big ass final update of beauty xoxo

Player: lol
Game: Ruby
Badges: 8
Legendaries: 6
Play Time: 48:21
Pokedex: 24

Final Team

Spr_3r_260.png

Mudklip / Swampert (m) lv. 54 @ Soft Sand
Bold, Torrent
Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf, Brick Break

Spr_3r_299.png

Sniff me / Nosepass (m) lv. 50 @ Quick Claw
Adamant, Sturdy
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Strength, Thunder Wave

Spr_3r_301.png

Slim Marz / Delcatty (m) lv. 50 @ Magnet
Bashful, Cute Charm
Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Return

Spr_3r_275.png

Sydot / Shiftry (f) lv. 50 @ King's Rock
Relaxed, Chlorophyll
Faint Attack, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Aerial Ace

Spr_3r_334.png

Altlarrya / Altaria (m) lv. 54 @ Amulet Coin
Lonely, Natural Cure
Fly, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Ice Beam

Spr_3r_038.png

2manytails / Ninetales (f) lv. 51 @ Lax Incense
Careful, Flash Fire
Toxic, Flamethrower, Iron Tail, Dig

Those Who Helped Along the Way
Ani290OD.png
Ani321OD.png
Ani072OD.png
Ani263OD.png
Ani369OD.png

BreakDoors | Unlike | Ferry | Hnnnnng | Catch
-hover for info-

The Superstars★
Ani377OD.png
Ani379OD.png
Ani378OD.png
383OD.png
384OD.png
Ani381OD.png

hey alex | MystryMeat | Vanilla | Big Red | Cilan | Eoin

Well, I had fun rushing this for the past few days. Seems like everyone else has enjoyed it too, and I'm glad you did! I'll be locking this up at the end of the night.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahhhh, sadly I was not able to finish the challenge. ;_; A vacation got into the way, sad to say, but uh. The farthest I got was to Colosseum at the Realgem Tower. I uh... would love to tell you which Pokemon I was going to use to defeat said Colosseum with, but I don't remember after playing the game for a few days. I think it was along the lines of Espeon with the following Shadow Pokemon: Miltank, Skarmory, Suicune, Forrestress, and Heracross. |D;

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
Final Update

Due to laziness and procrastination I haven't updated this challenge in a while. But I did finish and it was a LOT of fun to play through, although Latios was a ****** to catch but when I finally found him Hypnosis and mean look did the job.

Legends:
RayquazaSmallSprite.gif
RegirockSmallSprite.gif
RegiceSmallSprite.gif
RegisteelSmallSprite.gif
KyogreSmallSprite.gif
LatiosSmallSprite.gif
383.png

blaziken-f.png

SonicBoom the Lv54 Blaziken

Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick
Slash
Bulk Up

302.png

Creeper the Lv51 Sableye
Detect
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball
Mean Look

272.png

4g the Lv52 Ludicolo
Nature Power
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Surf

282.png

Grizz the Lv54 Gardevoir
Psychic
Calm Mind
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball

110.png

IceBreaker the Lv52 Weezing
Sludge Bomb
Haze
Thunderbolt
Explosion

th_walrein.png

Hax the LV53Walrein
Blizzard
Body Slam
Rest
Dive

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Little surprise for you all. I didn't take into consideration that there were finals, graduations, and even trips this month. So everyone that attempted this challenge (you have to posted at least one update so that I know you actually bothered with it) will get the emblem as soon as an admin uploads it for me. :) Congratulations! And thanks for playing! See you at the Get Together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back