• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving While Challenging the Elite 4

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    What is your policy on saving when you are challenging the Elite 4 + Champion? Do you save before starting the challege, and never again until you defeat all 5 Trainers? Do you save after each one?

Unless I don't think I can defeat the Elite 4 (if for whatever reason, I wanted to try anyway), in which case I will not save once I start the challenge, I will save after defeating each Trainer. This has always been my policy.

If this is in the wrong category, or it is a duplicate thread, feel free to move or lock this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    On all of the GBA games I saved after each member because I was like 8 and thought I couldn't beat them. Now I save when I start the challenge and not again.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I used to save after each one, but now I don't bother because if I lose once, I most likely will not win under the exact same circumstances. Unless I lost because of an unlucky crit.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I usually save before entering the first elite four member's chamber, I usually beat the 1st and 2nd members without saving in between.
    After that, I save before the 3rd and 4th elite four battles as well as the Champion.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • The first time I beat the Elite Four, I save before every person. But every time after that, I don't really care if I lose.

Years
  • When I was a kid, I used to save before each member. Now I know better. If I lose a match, chances are I'm not going to win on the second try if nothing has changed.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • If I know I can beat a certain member then I won't save whilst in their room; however if I think I may lose I will save.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I save before, of course, and the only second time I save, is right before the champion, and only if I think I can take him on at that point. It's because, if you save after each member, and halfway you discover that you actually can't take the next one on, or that you should have used another strategy with the previous one that could have prevented e.g. a team member from fainting, you can't start over, and I don't want to put myself in the position where I know I'm not gonna make it, but I can't go back because I saved. It would be a waste of items and money.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yeah, I save before I challenge each member. It just saves me the frustration of having to start the whole thing all over again if one member gets a lucky crit or I make some dumb mistake like clumsily selecting Earthquake on a Flying foe when I was aiming for Rock Slide. I usually win anyway, so it's just for insurance.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I usually save before and then never again unless I feel I'm in dire straits upon the next one like if I was running low on healing items or the next E4 had focused on a particular type I have trouble defeating.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I save before I enter the first Elite 4 member's room. After I beat him/her, I move on to the next room and save from there. In other words, I save before and after an Elite 4 battle.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I save before facing each Elite Four member. That way if something stupid happens I don't have to battle the whole lot of them over again. I usually go in there with high enough levels and enough items to feel confident about winning but sometimes things happen...

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Wait is this for the first time through? If not I just run through it, absolutly no doubt in my mind ill make it through. The only reason I save in the e4 is if a got to go somewhere and i dont want to leave my game on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    Firstly i save before entering the first E4 member's room, then after i beat him, i save and proceed to the next room, and so on..

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I want to save if I know I would actually have a chance on beating all of them.

If I barely defeated the first Elite Four member, there's no way I can beat the others, so I don't save and move on and most likely lose anyway.

Years
  • I usually save before and then never again unless I feel I'm in dire straits upon the next one like if I was running low on healing items or the next E4 had focused on a particular type I have trouble defeating.

This.

I usually bring a fair number of Hyper Potions, Revives, and Leppa Berries, and a couple Full Heals or Lava Cookies just in case.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    Always saved in GBA versions, every Elite4 and just before the Champion but now I just save before Elite4 and just before Champion. I saved before and after each Elite4 in B/W because they each had different types of Pokemon than what the other E4 usually has. (In other words, I got scared)

Back