• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say hello to GX Pokemon!

t0gekiss

In this video just uploaded by the Pokemon Company's YouTube channel, we can see the newly announced gen 7 special cards: GX Pokemon!

We also see Solgaleo and Lunala's GX versions, whose GX move typings are blocked by black liquid. Could this suggests that the moves will have two typings? Tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Oh I can't wait for more broken gimmicks!!

Why are they called GX instead of ZX?

Years
  • Oh I can't wait for more broken gimmicks!!

Why are they called GX instead of ZX?

Isn't that going to break the game? First one that gets the GX out wins?

Response to both of you here: if I read the card right, it seems the moves are limited to 1 use per game. That's actually not all that broken in and of itself. I'm sure there will be a couple that are truly broken like with the Ace Spec cards from the Black & White era, but the 1 per game limitation severely limits how many you can run.

I'm not sure on that naming choice, really.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Response to both of you here: if I read the card right, it seems the moves are limited to 1 use per game. That's actually not all that broken in and of itself. I'm sure there will be a couple that are truly broken like with the Ace Spec cards from the Black & White era, but the 1 per game limitation severely limits how many you can run.

I'm not sure on that naming choice, really.

I guarantee one of them will be truly game breaking and then have to be banned.

The name thing is really perplexing yeah.

Years
  • I guarantee one of them will be truly game breaking and then have to be banned.

The name thing is really perplexing yeah.

I think the limitations will be what keep it from being properly game-breaking. Lysnadre's Trump Card was game-breaking because it was on a Supporter and could be used a whopping 4 times in a match, and Shiftry's Ability, while coin flip dependent, could be used an indefinite number of times in a match. That ability as a GX attack would definitely be far less broken. And Lunar Fall is basically an upgraded version of the banned Shiftry's Ability. Plus, the other card that was banned entirely from formats due to being game breaking, Slowking, had the ability to cancel out any Trainer card your opponent used with a heads flip on a coin. Any of those with a one-time use per game restriction will probably not be banned, especially because you'd have to choose which one to run and whether it was even worth running in your deck.

Back