• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest Game You Played

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    What game have you played with horror/thriller genre's that made you hesitant all the way through? What game was it? Did you finish it? How did you like it? How did you feel playing it?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Silent Hill 2 is the first horror I had the pleasure of playing and definitely the one that left the biggest impression. A deep psychological horror game, with a horrifying atmosphere, great storyline, decent puzzles and well done monster designs (Pyramid Head!) Combat is my only complaint as it feels quite stale and lacks any difficulty.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Probably Dead Space late at night or Slenderman are always really scary and would make me jump at the most random times. The little girl in F.E.A.R. was creepy as well.

Don't get me wrong, the Silent Hills are very scary but I would say that Outlast is even scarier. Outlast is a game that I believed was released this year, and dang is it scary. I've played it a little bit, and would probably have nightmares if I played it past 10 o clock. lol

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs are by far the scariest games I've ever played. Games like Slender and Dead Space are very scary don't get me wrong, but they didn't make me feel even close to the way Amnesia made me feel. These games gave me a lot of jump scares and made me feel on edge, but Amnesia made me feel uncomfortable. By this I mean that not only am I on the edge the whole time and nervous about what's going to happen next, I actual feel in danger and it's almost stressful to play, that's how good it is!

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
    Dead Space 1 then came out in 2008 , until today this is best horror game for me :D Necro monsters from the dark :D Love it as Pokemon & GTA series

Typhon

'sup
    Years
    Oh god... Amnesia. This game is super freaky, and has tons of jumpscares! 0_0 It also has a lot of originality, but if you play this in the middle of the night... you will not sleep forever, and you will get insomnia. Super freaky! :<

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hm, I suppose Resident Evil 2? If you call it scary - I thought it was reaaaally scary when I was younger, when the enemies and zombies started to pop out out of nowhere... it was quite horrifying. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The STALKER series is rather high-octane for not necessarily being horror... until you get nightvision, right? Well, first generation nightvision is atrociously fuzzy with poor contrast, so not quite.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    F.E.A.R 2.

I was playing this in broad day light with no one at home and I was still scared at some parts. Alma id one freaky kid lol. I only played like 30 minutes into the game then I'm like screwthis I'm scared poopless, I need my dose of cute puppies now.

Years
    I haven't gotten too far into it because I'm terrified but SCP Containment Breach is pretty high up there on the scare factor. Not to spoil it for you, let me just say that, with a few exceptions, there hasn't been another game that gave me that hopeless feeling like this one has.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Slender...I haven't played much scary games, but that definitely gave me a few jump scares ;~;

The atmosphere of a basic dark forest, with no way out still manages to make me fear my life :<

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    I haven't gotten too far into it because I'm terrified but SCP Containment Breach is pretty high up there on the scare factor. Not to spoil it for you, let me just say that, with a few exceptions, there hasn't been another game that gave me that hopeless feeling like this one has.
    Don't look away and try not to blink!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Don't look away and try not to blink!

Scariest Game You Played

I think Bioshock gave me the most jump scares. Even to this day--when I know full well when and where he will appear--the one doctor splicer who appears directly behind you after a cloud of steam... he makes me jump. The part when you first find the shotgun and all the lights go out is good for a little heart rate increase, too.

As far as psychologically scary, Majora's Mask is actually fairly high on my list. I didn't think about it when I played it at the time (I was what, 10 or 11 at the time?) but when I replayed it a few years later I realized how incredibly dark that whole game is, especially for a Zelda game.

TY

For me, it kiiinda is C&C Renegade... There was this mission where you had to infiltrate a big ship, and all of a sudden a giant alien monster spawned and attacked you... it scared the crap out of me. Also they seemed to spawn each time i killed someone with my chemical gun... *shivers*

Years
    Resident Evil 2 scared me quite a bit as a kid.

Dead Space made me jump a few times and had a creepy vibe

Ragin Dragon

Dragon Master
    Years
    It was last year i don't know why but i don't like watching or playing anything somewhat scary but anyways the first game i layed like that was Fear 1 and just all the blood and dark and everyone dying totally freaked me out i kinda thought the bad graphics made it even worse but all in all it was an awesome game and i continued through the second and third which were just plain amazing

Cyka

Коммунизм
    Years
    I think scariest game is Metro 2033. It make Communist soldiers look very poor and unfit soldiers. They make soldier look very scared of Fascist scum and they make soldier look evil. In fact, Russian Communist soldier is best in the world. Metro 2033 is very bad game because it is biased and make communism look bad.

This game make me very sad and scared when I play.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Siren: Blood Curse is the best horror game I've played, hands down. It's one of those games that are really unsettling and creepy, but the story is so disturbing yet intricate you just have to know what happens next and you keep playing even though it's kinda terrifying and really makes you want to cry (especially when you play as a defenseless little girl in some parts).

Back